public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Famous Sayings From Famous Dancers.....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 11:28 am 

<B>IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS DANCE...GENESIS</B>........<P><BR>"Give me liberty or give me dance" .....Patrick Henry- in his inimitable oratorical style. {A little hyperbole can't hurt.} <P>I came, I saw, I danced....Julius Caesar reporting back from Gaul, (Caesar et Gaulia for those of you who struggled through Latin classes like I did.)<P>"We are amused".....Queen Victoria as she danced the minuet - I don't think she was the waltz type.<P>"I have not yet begun to dance"...Commodore John Paul Jones as he danced off the Bonhome Richard into the sea.<P>"To dance or not to dance"....Hamlet, contemplating his navel.<P>"We shall dance on the beaches"....Winston Churchill, as he urged on his embattled people.<P>"I shall return and dance"... MacArthur as he danced off into the nearest warship. <P>"We, the People, in order to dance more perfectly"....James Madison, as he got ready for RAD exams.<P><BR>MORE??????????<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited January 17, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Famous Sayings From Famous Dancers.....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 11:40 am 

Snoopy did, in fact, say, "To dance is to live!"<P>Oh darn, now I'm making myself sad again. <P>"Tippecanoe and Paul Taylor too!"<P>"I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can" -- oh wait, that was Barbara Gordon's book about clinical depression. I'm sad again.<P>"Dance then, wherever you may be, I am the Lord of the Dance said he." There, now I feel better again.<P>"I dance, therefore I am."<P>"The quality of dance is not strained. It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven upon the stage beneath. It is twice blessed. It blesseth him that plies and it blesseth him that straightens."<P>"Partner unto others as you would have them partner unto you."<P>[This message has been edited by Christina (edited January 17, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by Christina (edited January 17, 2001).]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 12:43 pm 

"I consider any day wasted in which there has been no dancing" WA Mozart<P>"Life passed her by , love passed her by, but the red shoes danced on"<P>-from the film, "The Red Shoes",,,,corny, but still one of my favorite dance movies

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2001 2:08 pm 

"Damn (his word not mine) the torpedos - full dance ahead" - or maybe it was "Damn the dance, full torpedos ahead" - Admiral Farragut.<P>"Let them dance"....Marie Antoinette as she ate cake.<P>"We have nothing to fear but dance itself" ...Basheva contemplating performing fouettes on stage.<P>"We shall overcome"...my ballet teacher reading from Dr. Martin Luther King, and glaring at the ballet class.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2001 2:49 pm 

"Give me your tired your poor".......sounds about like the average ballet dancer.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]