public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The GOOD, The BAD, and The UGLY.......
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 1:55 pm 

The Good: You finally got a comfortable set of false teeth.<P>The Bad: The glue isn't working<P>The Ugly: The teeth precede you down the diagonal during fast piqué turns.<P>You think I made this one up? Not at all - it happened to a very famous dancer/teacher - no, I shall not mention his name. We were all in shock as the teeth laid there and he had to go and pick them up.<P>No one <B>NO ONE</B> said a word. It was a company class.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 4:59 am 

This is getting really gross girls...and I love it. LOL Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:52 am 

the good: your performance knocked their socks off.<P>the bad: your performance knocked their shoes off.<P>the ugly: and then their shoes knocked *you* off your balance...<P>**<P>the good: it's your very first solo!<BR>the bad: the lights are all on you<BR>the ugly: you're 16 counts before the rest of the group...<P>more when i have more to be nervous about. Image<BR>--ari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 9:33 am 

Ari - LOLOL - really good ones!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 8:13 am 

i'd like to dedicate this one to the <BR>geniuses decided that putting large, slippery-when-wet metal plates that clunk around when you step on them in the middle of sidewalks in seattle where it always rains is a really good thing.<P>the good: your makeup covers up all your unsightly blemishes<P>the bad: it just takes a lot of scrubbing to get it off afterwards<P>the ugly: and it still does nothing to cover up the swelling...<P>**<P>the good: your turns have gotten so much better on your right leg<P>the bad: you probably should be practicing on both.<P>the ugly: and if you take away the crutches, you still can't really land solidly...<P>and no, in the art imitates life section of this, it's not that bad. ImageP<P>--ari

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 8:23 am 

The Good: your fouetté turns to the right are soooooooooo great!!<P>The Bad: you broke your right foot.<P>The Ugly: It's that cast on your right foot that really helps swing that leg around in those fouetté turns.<P><BR>This is was not made up - I did break my foot and swinging that cast around REALLY gave me very dynamic fouetté turns - but I don't recommend this as a solution.....LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 9:12 am 

The Good: You're really beginning to progress in class after 5 years of being at the same level.<P>The Bad: It's very much a beginner class<P>The Ugly: Every member of the class is 5 years old and you're remembering that your life has to be counted in negative years for them.<P>The Good:So you've finally made it to the stage, in a beautiful pas de deux<P>The Bad: You fall in a pique turn<P>The Ugly: You've landed splat on top of your partner, some pas de deux!!!!!!<P>I don't know guys, Basheva writes the best ones!!! I'm jealous! How do you come up w/ them? Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 10:35 am 

Misa - LOL - I think yours are really good!!<P>As for me - it's just old age, that's all. One accumulates a lot of head garbage with the years. LOL<P>The Good: There are people from 15 countries in your ballet class.<P>The Bad: You can't understand half of what they are all saying.<P>The Ugly: You can now groan in 15 different languages: ouch, oy vey, ach du lieber, chihuahua, merdé.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:28 pm 

The Good: We have a great forum called "Fun Stuff!!"<P>The Bad: The thread called "Ballet Parking"<P>The Fugly: read those posts and see for yourself..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:48 pm 

Basheva, do you really think you should encourage that thread? I shudder to think how much worse it can get!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:56 am 

This one's not really dance-related but...<BR>The Good: You're cleaning your messy room.<BR>The Bad: You found some matzah under a pile of clothes.<BR>The Ugly: Passover was two weeks ago.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 3:18 pm 

and even uglier, EM - you therefore missed out over the money you get for finding the Matzoh.....<P>Maggie - you started that thread....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 4:46 pm 

Huh??????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:09 pm 

Maggie - didn't you start the Ballet Parking thread? uh oh - is it just my computer that says that?<P>The Good: Maggie started a really great thread "Ballet Parking"<P>The Bad: that first picture of the "parked geese" (or whatevery they are) was bad.<P>The Ugly: my posts were even worse.<P><BR>LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:42 am 

I thought mine were the worst...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next