public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The GOOD, The BAD, and The UGLY.......
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2001 6:57 pm 

The Good: You are doing bourreés on pointe for the first time!!<P>The Bad: There's an earthquake!!<P>The Ugly: Your teacher thinks it's your bourreés.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 7:27 pm 

LOL I enjoyed reading this thread very much!!! Look forward to seeing more, if I think of any I'll post it!<P>Sincerly,<BR>Jan<P>------------------<BR>Teaching Today Touches Tomorrow!<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 8:57 am 

Here is some of mine:<P>The Good: You joined a new dance company.<P>The Bad: You come in w/ bad turnout and just a lil flimsy.<P>The Ugly: All the girls stare at you cuz you tryed so hard you slid on the floor!<P>-----------<BR>The Good: Your teacher says your pirouettes are getting a lot better.<P>The Bad: The other girls still think you try too hard and they make faces, but you could care less.<P>The Ugly: You are daydreaming while doing turns in 3 different directions and another girl rams her elbom into yours and you have a big brown bruuuze owwww on yours for a week!<P>------------------<BR><BR>Please Visit...<BR>[url]http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/reachingthepointe[url] <BR><LI> It's the latest club where DANCERS can talk about making it to the top!<BR><LI> If you are a yahoo member and are over the age of 12 please visit this site!<BR>Thank You!<BR>[list]<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 6:48 am 

More........<P>The Good - You are dancing "Dying Swan"!!<P>The Bad - You are flapping your arms a lot.<P>The Ugly - You are migrating instead of dying.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 12:11 pm 

The Good: You just did a wonderful diagonal of really fast, really neat turns.<P>The Bad: You have a cold.<P>The Ugly: I think you can all imagine...yeuch!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 12:41 pm 

LOL, Red Shoes.....that's my secret weapon for getting rid of competition. LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 3:05 pm 

EEEEWWWWWW!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 6:47 am 

The Good: They always say that a bad dress rehearsal equals a good opening night.<P>The Bad: Assuming a directly inverse correlation of good to bad, the audience will be on its feet for 20 minutes.<P>The Ugly: The piece is 20 minutes long and, with coats getting pulled on, they'll miss the masterful lighting effects...<P>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 9:59 am 

LOL Ari - good one!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2001 8:31 pm 

Have had a boob pop out, lost a wig, dance dress falls apart, have, oh let's say "GAS" when gbeing lifted over the partner's head, fall off the stage because someone had a piece of gum on there and shoe got stcuk, have character shoe strap break before performing and using a safety pin to fix and then pin opens fully into ankle while dancing.<P>Just a few, I could write a book.<P>Janet

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 5:10 am 

JLL - were those things good, bad or ugly?<P>LOL<P>Welcome to our board, JLL, nice to have you join us.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited April 03, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 5:35 am 

Ohmigod, Red Shoes -- I thought I was the only one that happened to!<P>Reminds me of one of my favorite poems:<P>"When you're dancin' with your honey,<BR>And his nose gets kinda runny,<BR>You may think it's very funny,<BR>But it's (s)not!"<P>New Orleans is a classy town, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 10:54 am 

Christina - You haven't lived until you've been in a ballet class in a London winter with 15 others who have persistent head colds. <P>Ever heard 16 people sniff hard, in time to the music, at JUST the same point in the preparation for a pirouette sur place? :-)<P>Or how about posé turns alternating with loud sniffs on each turn?<P>One has to careful where one stands when its not one's turn, of course...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 11:07 am 

Yeah, but you all seem to have that wonderful skin that never dries out from the sun. There's the trade-off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2001 12:50 pm 

I remember being at an SAB audition when I was a young teenager. Winter time, lots of head/sinus congestion in the room, and as one girl took off across the room in a series of pique turns, she let a bit of herself inadvertantly fly from her nose and land "SPLAT" on the mirror not two inches from the instructor's head. The rest of the audition consisted of a series of wonderfully rhythmic sniffles before every turn. I was mortified for the poor girl (and infinitely glad it wasn't me).<P>That's definitely "the ugly."<P>tura

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next