CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cool Jerks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:55 am 
And what are you guys doing to keep cool????<BR>Its in the STEAMY nineties where I am.<BR>I'll be laying in front of the fan when I go home!

Post subject: Re: Cool Jerks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:01 am 

In San Francisco, it's easy to keep cool in the summer -- just step outside into the fog! Well, actually, the fog doesn't usually cover the whole city until late afternoon, but the fact that it's on our doorstep keeps the temperature down. It's easy to spot tourists here in the summer -- they're the ones huddled around a map, wearing shorts and T-shirts and shivering.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:39 am 
HEEEEY,thats cool.<BR>Who else?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:25 am 

Where are you, Angela?<P>This week we've had temperatures in the upper 90's in Boston. Our summer program was cut short today to prevent heat exhaustion of the students.<P>I'm working now in my office (with A/C), rather than at home.<BR>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:44 pm 

Bah Humbug - it won't stop raining in the UK!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:05 pm 

Image <BR><font size=1>Esplanade of Place des Arts, Montréal</font><P>C'est chaud a Montréal !!! It's 7pm and the temperature has just dropped to 32c (that's 90F for you imperialists) with a humidex of 42. So much for the frozen North. It's been good for the jazz festival though, 100 000 people went downtown for the free concert last night (not me, too crowded!).<P>For a treat I just made myself a nice lemon fizz because I don't like pop and I've had enough water to drown myself today. It's 1 tsp sugar, juice of 1 lemon and tonic water (which already has sugar in it so you don't need to add much unless you're a sweet tooth!).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:00 pm 

I'm at my boyfriend's house in the beautiful (and steamy hot) Berkshires for the holiday weekend. My car has no a.c., so the five-hour drive today was quite exciting. I drank lots of water, and after I sign off I'm actually going outside because it's much cooler out there than indoors in the evening. The one saving grace is that it's a few degrees hotter in Philly right now than it is here! Image So at least I escaped a little bit...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:20 pm 

I just looked at my firm's newsletter. One person new to the company wrote that when she came here, she hadn't realized that San Francisco was "The City That Summer Forgot." She said she can't bring herself to buy a warm coat when she's in California in the summer -- "it seems so wrong, somehow."<P>I know what she means. When I returned to my native land (SF) after 5 years in North Carolina, for the first summer I persisted in wearing summer clothes, as if I could trick the weather gods into giving us some heat.<p>[This message has been edited by djb (edited July 03, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:50 am 

I wish Summer had forgotten Boston as well. It's 87 degrees in the shade as of 9:45 AM (it was 95 degrees in the sun at 9AM near my house). Just unbearable.<P>I'm in the office again, working. It's the only way to escape the heat.<BR>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:27 am 

Go west young man, go west....it's nice and cool here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:43 am 

Yes. Way West. Don't stop in Colorado, New Mexico, or Arizona.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:19 am 

Unless your pants are on fire. In that case you might want to stop, drop and roll.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:01 pm 
MARIE!!!<BR>How do you say YOUR BAD in French??????

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:31 pm 

It is extremely dry here. We don't have air-conditioning, and I'm having a hard time keeping my orchid collection humidified. The one called "Dancing Lady" has just started blooming. It lives up to it's name. I'll try to find a picture.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:15 pm 

Last night I noticed an article in the SF Chronicle from July 2 that told about the fog disappearing that day and people going to the beach and enjoying the heat, and kids skateboarding and complaining about the heat, and the heat, and the heat. The caption under the photograph mentioned the high temperature in the City that day: 70 degrees.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]