public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Top Ten: things a ballerina would never say
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 10:30 am 

hey it's me again Image<P>found on the net:<P>"THE TOP TEN THINGS A BALLERINA WOULD NEVER SAY <BR>As presented on hte 4/8/96 broadcast of "The Late Show With David Letterman" <BR>10. "You gonna finish those cheese fries?" <BR>9. "I can't get the chewing tobacco stains out of my unitard!" <BR>8. "I'm loopy from all the spinning!" <BR>7. "My dream is to do a ballet version of 'Smokey and the Bandit'." <BR>6. "Baseball players can scratch themselves. Why can't we?" <BR>5. "I don't know which I love more--'Swan Lake' or Ricki Lake?" <BR>4. "When I have to jump really high, I pretend there's a ferret biting me in the ass." <BR>3. "I love the Quizstar 5000!" <BR>2. "Hey girls--let's go beat the hell outta some opera singers." <BR>1. "I'll have what Rush is having." "<P>

Post subject: Re: Top Ten: things a ballerina would never say
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 12:43 pm 

Hello, Paquita. Actually, there is already another thread on this fun topic. You might want to check it out. But hang onto your belly! Here it is:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000063.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000063.html</A> <P><BR>Since that thread is already fairly long, it's probably a good idea to start a new one anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 1:45 pm 

"These shoes are just perfect"<P>"I have every confidence that the shoulder straps on my tutu are secure enough - my understudy sewed them on for me"<P>"Nothing hurts me today"<P>"It's perfectly understandable that you forgot to take the thorns off the roses in the bouquet"<P>"Another dancer's sweat makes a wonderful eye wash"<P>"Why should I mind that you took my very favorite place at the barre?"<P>"The pianist has a hangover? Maybe that's an improvement"<P>"I think that ten layers of leg warmers should be enough, don't you think so?"<P>"You want me to wear sandals without tights"<P>"Pain, exhaustion are bad things"<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 3:51 pm 

excuse me, azlan: do you really think paquita HAS a 'belly'?!? Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 10:23 pm 

well, I dont think I have a "big" belly, in all the case... Image<BR>If you wanna check, there are some pictures on my homepage lol <P>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 2:04 am 

Image <P>SEE azlan! i TOLD you! Image<P>p.s. paquita, the march 2000 photos are very lovely. Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 3:09 am 

WAOW, it's a very old picture...and I don't like it Image<P>I was 11 or 12 I think!<BR>I prefer the other pictures Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 4:39 am 

Oh Paquita! It's charming.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 5:31 am 

isn't it, maggie? young and fresh and blossoming, just like the garden. full of light and air...<P>(and no 'belly' in sight! Image )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 10:56 am 

Well, Paquita, I was referring to the proverbial belly (or actually, in this day and age, perhaps I meant virtual belly).<P>And, yes, what a lovely photo!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 2:11 pm 

Paquita - look at the joy in your face!! And, NO BELLY !!!<BR>...........................................<P>OK Here are some more things a ballerina would never say:<P>"Which of the ten different versions of the choreography do you want me to dance?"<P>"Look if it's in the bottom of my dance bag - it's GONE - OK?"<P>"That one ounce doughnut will NOT add ten pounds to my hips."<P>"No it doesn't bother me a bit that my mother-in-law and all my old ballet teachers are in the audience."<P>"You want me to sit on his shoulder? He doesn't have any shoulders"<P>"I will volunteer for the new guy to practice fish dives on - I need a new face anyway"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2000 2:31 pm 

Stop it, Basheva! My proverbial belly is about to split at its sides!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 6:49 am 

A perverbial split of a virtual belly - what have we come to?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 6:50 pm 

A couple more from an outsider...<P>"Oh no! I never look down there. My eyes are ALWAYS above his waist."<P>"Ballet? Oh, it's a hobby really. Just something I do between music videos."<P>"What I really wanted was to play field hockey, but the other girls just laughed at my tutu."<P>"I don't like to brag, but remember that cruise I took last year? I WAS the limbo stick!"<P>"Today's performance is sponsored by Tic Tac Lite...just a tenth of calorie each."<P>"A vein?!? Where? Oh, I'm vain... Of course I am, dear."<P>Okay...that's enough. <P>Bad Wolf.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 5:56 am 

You are not BAD Wolf - just a bit naughty.<P>Look, if he wouldn't pad, you know where, we wouldn't be tempted to look below his waist - <BR>So, it was you who was the limbo stick on that cruise I took? I did feel a bit spanked.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next