CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: How to Pamper a Dancer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 11:49 am 

Three little maids from school are we,<BR>Pert as a schoolgirl well can be,<BR>Filled to the brim with girlish glee-ee<BR>Three little maids from school.......<P>Ev'rything is a source of fun,,,,,,,<P>(carry on someone, then salzberg will get G & S here too! Image)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 7:09 pm 

". . .Nobody's safe; we care for none.<BR>Life is a joke that's just begun. . . .<p>[This message has been edited by salzberg (edited October 13, 2001).]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 11:20 pm 

...Three little maids from schoooooool...!<BR>(tum tata tum tum tum tum tum booom..)<P>Three little maids who, all unwary, come from a ladies seminary,<BR>Freed from its genius tutelary (da da da etc)<P>Three little maids...from school!<P>(I could go on for ages here!)<P>Next comes the interesting bit: your turn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 2:33 am 

I have the entire operetta on disk. Fortunately (for you), it's on my desktop computer in Florida and not on the notebook I brought to NY.<P>Besides, this is a dance board. Shouldn't we post the lyrics to <I>Swan Lake</I>?<P>. . .Which reminds me of the woman who once called Houston Ballet to ask whether <I>The Nutcracker</I> was to be danced in English. . . .<p>[This message has been edited by salzberg (edited October 12, 2001).]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 7:57 am 

Now why'd ya have ta go an' spoil it, huh?<P>Sorry, came over all American there for a moment...<P>Please stop telling us it's a dance board all the time? I know, and I also contribute to the other topics where I can be helpful, but we're allowed to stray!!! Image <P>"On a tree by a river, a little Tom Tit<BR>Sang Willow, Tit-Willow, Tit-Willow".<BR>And so on and so forth. Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 11:19 am 

Ho Hum the tune is dumb<BR>The words don't mean a thing<BR>Isn't this a silly song<BR>For anyone to sing....<P>I'd like to dance and tap my feet<BR>But they won't keep in rhythm<BR>You see, I washed them both today<BR>And I can't do nothing with 'em<P>Chorus<BR>Ho hum the tune is dumb<BR>The words don't mean a thing<BR>Isn't this a silly song<BR>For anyone to sing?<P>I chased a polecat up a tree<BR>Way out on upon a limb<BR>And when he got the best of me<BR>I got the worst of him<P>note the dance connection .....<P><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited October 12, 2001).]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 11:44 am 

Yes I do! But I'm not feeling particularly pampered by it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 12:19 am 

LOL Basheva: sock-it-to-'im!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 4:23 am 

speaking of socks.......<P>My socks are new, my feet are old<BR>But still dance with rhythm<BR>The socks are warm, my feet are cold<BR>'Cause they have holes in 'em<P>This dancer loves to be pampered with a pair of cuddly warm socks.<P>Note the continuing connection to dance...and pampering.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:40 am 

Bringing this back up for the holidays. You can add your holiday desires here. I would like this, please.

http://www.themaninthemoon.com/product613.html

<small>[ 21 December 2002, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Maggie ]</small>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:43 am 
After 30 years in the dancebiz, I have found that the most appreciated/needed gift has been legwarmers. Seems that's either the one thing dancers have that always looks ratty, or they forget to buy, wears out, etc. etc. All the local legitimate massagers have gift certificates, and there's always a subscription to Dancemagazine...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2