public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sometimes I feel like a Pirouette
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:09 pm 

hey wordfox, love that excuse! lol, pity i can't use it. lol.<BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:38 am 

Trying to dazzle me with anatomy, wordfox?<P>I WILL continue to gloat as often as I can with my beloved. He has plenty of 'affectionate' names for yours truly, and my ample curves, so I feel no guilt whatsoever.<P>And he is always running along the beach (dreams of Baywatch, God forbid?), and also wearing those riduculous black lycra cycle shorts while pedalling down to Sabaudia or up to Sermoneta, then gloating his way in to the house, sweatier than an overworked carthorse (and about as fragrant), that he's scaled the hill up to Sermoneta (our local medieval hillside town complete with castle).<P>And I've usually been typing my fingers off here or elsewhere on the Internet.<P>There's no justice, if you ask me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:48 am 

In case anyone is interested, there are some nice pictures of Sermoneta here:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Salon/7254/sermoneta/htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Salon/7254/sermoneta/htm</A> <p>[This message has been edited by Red Shoes (edited August 14, 2001).]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:52 am 

Sorry, the photos worked on Google, but I'm getting those nasty little red crosses here.<BR>Hope you can see the pics?: they're pretty.<P>If not, put sermoneta into google search and click on the 6th listed.<p>[This message has been edited by Red Shoes (edited August 14, 2001).]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:09 pm 

I would put some of the photos up here but I think they are protected by copyright.<P>Let's see if the site works better for me:<P><A HREF="http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=8&q=http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Salon/7254/sermoneta.htm&e=642" TARGET=_blank><B>Sermoneta</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:13 pm 

It worked for me - hope it does for you too. The pictures are very beautiful.<P>so, Red Shoes, when do <strike>we</strike> I get invited for some pasta and cannoli?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:42 pm 

Thank-you, Basheva! I am so very computer-challenged...<P>Pasta e fagioli, as Dean Martin crooned (...just like past'e fasul, That's Amore!)<BR>Any time...<P>My husband's favourite dish. 'Poor' cuisine makes a come-back. Except his family really were poor some time ago. You wouldn't believe some of the anecdotes. I don't believe half of them, yet I know they're true...another world, another world...They think I'm a real useless townie, which I am, of course, being almost a Londoner (well, dad is).<P>I'll tell you about my acquired family some time!<BR>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 10:44 am 

I've been having "fouette moments" recently, since I just started to get the knack of them and constantly want to see how many I can do. EVERYDAY is a penchee day. <P>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:02 am 

Yes, penché is especially valuable for reaching things at the supermarket that are on the lower shelf - or the mailbox (just make sure the mailman has left first).<P>Penché can also be used for checking the flat tire on the car. And, if you do it correctly some nice gentleman will stop (or a husband, whichever comes first) and change the tire for you.<P>The cat, however, thinks penché is strange.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:09 am 

The problem with cats is that they know they are superior in flexibility and have remarkable elevation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 2:19 pm 

<BR>Wait a minute... how did you get that we crossed out like that? THat's some computer trick! ( Image)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:30 pm 

<B><big><strike>I DON'T DO COMPUTER TRICKS</strike></big></B><P>Sometimes I feel like a temps de cuisse - especially if I almost step on the bug.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:28 pm 

As long as you don't put that coupe down to fifth ON that bug! Image

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2