public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: SURPRISE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 9:51 am 

Well, I was supposed to go to ballet class today but it was cancelled.......so......I turned on the computer and just for the heck of it plugged my name into Google and this is what I found........<P><BR> <A HREF="http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Basheva%22+Basheva+Basheva+criticaldance&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&filter=0" TARGET=_blank>http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Basheva%22<BR>+Basheva+Basheva+criticaldance&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&filter=0</A> <P>It goes on for four pages. Now some of you techno-wizards will not be surprised, but this technologically challenged woman was........<BR><p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited January 27, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SURPRISE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 1:53 pm 

you would be amazed at what you can find out about people by just plugging their names in to google or other search engines...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 4:10 pm 

What amazed me, Marie, was what I found out about myself.....LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:21 pm 

interesting, basheva.<P>i put my real name in, and got 12 pages of results - mercifully the vast majority were not about ME at all - but it was fascinating that so many of us with the same first and last name, also have the same MIDDLE name - (elizabeth or eliza) even when i didn't input that!<P>if i had nothing else to do with my time, i would write to all my 'namesakes' and find out who they are.....<P>a search on 'grace' brought up 10 pages, which, at a glance, don't seem to be quick to include me, so i didn't look beyone page 3.<P>however, grace AND criticaldance outs my real identity fairly swiftly.....<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:02 pm 

I plugged in my e-mail name "ORZAK" and one of my essays came up, and some of my poems. <P>It seems to be a rather random thing, because altogether I have quite a number of poems that were published - and google seems to have only listed a few. <P>Interesting.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 12:29 am 

Grace, your post enticed me to try my name in google. The results of the search showed me to be a writer, a badminton player,a golf fanatic and 10 pages of even more vocations and hobbies. It's great! In the future, if someone asks me what I do I can refer them to google Image<P>...I wish I'd known about this site when I was a dancer and people asked me what else I did.<P>[This message has been edited by Jennifer (edited January 31, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by Jennifer (edited January 31, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:10 am 

I use Google a lot - then instead of answering a question I just send a link.....it makes me look a lot smarter than I am.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 10:12 am 

I found a lot of strip tease artists with my name.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 10:22 am 

Christina, keep that list. We're always looking for new fund raising opportunities and we could always extend our Job Opportunities section to include Exotic Dancing. <P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 10:29 am 

and a New Forum with PICTURES!!!<P>or as Stuart would say it "image rich"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 10:40 am 

Great idea Basheva. To keep the start-up costs down, we might approach some of our own dancers and ex-dancers first - current Union cards won't be required. Now let me just look at 'whoweare'

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 2:08 pm 

My boyfriend and I had great fun entering in friends names on Google and then sending them e-mail with web addresses of the most bizarre sites connected with their names. We don't normally have such sad lives - but it was a good laugh.<P>Basheva I think you have started a new hobby - what should we call it?<P>Christina I am very worried about you!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 4:21 pm 

It's called "<B>spying</B>," lol.<BR>I love internet snooping, it's more fun than checking out people's medicine cabinets and a lot more revealing.<p>[This message has been edited by Marie (edited January 31, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2001 5:30 pm 

Stuart - don't look at WhoWeAre - look at WhoWeWere.......only on the internet could I rematerialize as an exotic dancer.......LOL<P>Will wonders never cease.....<P>Should I put my signature here? I think I should ...I wouldn't want to leave a bad impression.......<P>Approach life with exotic thoughts and a large peacock fan...and a tassel or two....<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited January 31, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]