public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Favorite Way Is.............
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 9:05 am 

hey come on besheva. don't leave us hanging. i would love to do that ballet. can you imagine, wearing a real cute tutu outfit, then to see food flying across the stage? LOL i would pay money to see that!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 11:00 am 

Well, I thought I would give everyone a chance to read the post and then try a guess.<P>HA HA

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 8:08 pm 

Do you want me to guess? Could be any ballet with a party scene - Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty. They could throw grapes at each other in Giselle. But I think it's The Tales of Beatrix Potter..it's not real food, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:36 am 

HelenB is right!! Tales of Beatrix Potter it is. And Helen gets the prize!!<P>Ask Stuart and Azlan what the prize is.....<P>or can we all come up with a good prize idea for Helen? What would you like Helen?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 10:20 am 

Eh, what about having a party all together, and giving her the right to throw food at us?<P>LOL<P> Image<P>------------------<BR>The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything...<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 10:52 am 

Well, I've seen the film of it - never seen it live. I believe the dancers hated it because they had to wear hot furry costumes and masks. For those who don't know, it's based on children's stories about animals. The food fight is (if I remember rightly) two mice who raid a doll's house, and when they find the food isn't real they get a bit cross - it's ages since I saw it, though.<P>No need for a prize! I don't think I'd like throwing food at all you lovely people!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 11:47 am 

Actually, I think there might have been another food fight in Tales -a bigger one - near the end?<P>Nureyev used to throw food, or possibly drink, sometimes, but not on stage. I wonder if he ever threw any at Margot?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:06 pm 

I did see it live - I believe it was a number of years ago at Orange County Performing Arts Center, Costa Mesa, California when the Royal Ballet performed it. <P>As I remember the ballet - the food fight was a big one - and really a delight. I do have a tape of this ballet - but only an excerpt and I haven't looked at it in a very long time so I don't remember what the except is.<P>I like to bring that up, when people tell me they think the ballet is so very high brow. Oh yeah? How about a food fight? Or Balanchine's "Mistake Waltz"?<P>I was on a picnic not too long ago and we had a popcorn fight - actually it was carmel corn - and was rather sticky.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:22 pm 

Hmm... our library has a video of this production. I think it shall have to be next on my list. Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:38 pm 

i saw a production with Ballet Magnificat and before the performance, all the dancers were introduced to the audience, after being introduced, they left the stage one by one. the anouncer introduced the last girl, and said this was her last preformance. the other dancers sneaked (yes sneaked) back on stage and ran up to her, and soaked (yes soaked) her with water from spray bottles! we all laughed. the anouncer stated that whenever she sprayed her hair with hairspray before the preformance, she always missed herself and sprayed others. i guess this was payback time. i turned to my dance director and said, "Gail, can we do that on stage?" she said a profound, "uh NO." darn.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because fo their passion -- Martha Graham<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:24 pm 

Basheva, Balanchine's "Mistake Waltz"? I've never seen that one, I don't think. Is it part of another piece?<P>There is a section of The Concert by Jerome Robbins that is a waltz full of SNAFU's. It is one of my favorite comic pieces. Definitely not high brow, but brilliantly done. As much of a task master as Robbins was reputed to be, he had a great sense of humor and comic timing, IMHO. I don't know if he threw food...<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:23 pm 

Basheva... you ready to tell us the ballet in which there was a food fight???? Plleeeeeaseee!!!???<BR> anyways...<BR>My favorite snack when i go to NY with my grandparents- homemade chocolate pudding with nuts and cherries, mmmmmm. SOoooooo good. <BR>-Zoe Image<BR>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:44 pm 

Zoe - read HelenB's post of June 18th - she guessed it - Tales of Beatrix Potter.<P>and hot chocolate pudding with nuts and cold ice cream is one of my favorite treats.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 2:05 pm 

What is hot chocolate pudding? Sounds good, but I don't know what it is! Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 3:13 pm 

This is one of the few subjects on which I have many years of experience LOL....<P>You can of course make chocolate pudding from scratch. Or you can buy Jello brand chocolate pudding - not the instant kind - the kind you have to cook over a double boiler. It's much better - !! (you can use non-fat milk) Then when it is all cooked and bubbly hot, pour into the pudding dishes. Wait until it cools and then cover the dishes and put in the refrigerator.<P>Well, that's what the directions say anyway. But not the Basheva Chocolate Authority Book - no..no...cook the pudding until bubbly, then pour into the dishes. Then DON'T wait until it cools - eat while its hot!! And for added nutrition glob on a couple of spoonfuls of vanilla ice cream. Eat really fast...before the ice cream melts or the hot chocolate pudding cools down. (Or your husband wonders what happened to all the chocolate pudding)<P>If you want to get really decadent (and who doesn't?) put the whole thing on a hot waffle.......

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next