public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: How to Dance Properly
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 3:58 am 

Basheva, there's usually four corners in a room. You can keep yours, and I'll take a different one. That leaves two corners for a couple of other miscreants.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 7:15 am 

Maybe we should send Stuart or whoever this guy is to the Electronic Dance Music Festival (Somehow I don't think they'll have ballet music featured):<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>Paul Oakenfold, Carl Cox To Help Kick Off Dance Music's Biggest Bash</B><P>Eric Demby, SonicNet<P>With more parties and more people expected to attend than ever before — again — the 16th annual Winter Music Conference for dance music of every kind is set to kick off Saturday in Miami Beach, Florida — its longtime, hedonistic home.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/so/20010324/en/paul_oakenfold_carl_cox_to_help_kick_off_dance_music_s_biggest_bash_1.html" TARGET=_blank><B>More</B></A><p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited June 18, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 10:51 pm 

Very very funny!<P>It reminds me of a site I just got directed to <A HREF="http://www.dancingpaul.com" TARGET=_blank>www.dancingpaul.com</A> <P>The backup is particularly talented

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 3:52 pm 

Katharyn, I'm still trying to determine whether it's better with the lights "on" or "off" in the dancingpaul site. I think they're both equally nutty.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:43 pm 

The Dancing Paul site has won a Webby Award for best personal page. You can see a list of the nominees and winners at:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.webbyawards.com/main/webby_awards/nominees.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.webbyawards.com/main/webby_awards/nominees.html</A> <P>Too bad they don't have dance sites nominated. Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 9:12 am 

i love that dancing paul site. TOO cute. don't ya wish you could dance just like that!? (HA) maybe if i try reeeeal hard. . .<BR>kim <P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because of their passion -- Martha Graham<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:29 am 

What a joy just fishing the old stuff...I love Stuart's dancing and the interactive Paul... I haven't laughed so hard in YEARS!! THANK-YOU!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:08 pm 

It's easy to be famous nowadays... :)

Quote:
Lord of the dance

Anne Crump, SF Examiner

This one goes out to all you folks with high speed Internet connections. While Dancing Paul (www.dancingpaul.com) is still our favorite bootie-shaker on the Web, "thedanceman" at WatchMeDance.com (www.watchmedance.com) is a highly entertaining boot-scooter in a "hey, look, there's a dude dancing" kind of way.
<a href=http://63.78.169.150/ex_files/default.jsp?story=X1126DANCEw target=_blank>More</a>

<small>[ 11-30-2002, 14:09: Message edited by: Azlan ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:30 pm 

A new guide to "dancing properly":

Movers and shakers
There are those who reckon they can really cut it on the dancefloor. Maria McErlane in The Sunday Times offers a guide.

Dancing is ultimately a primal peacock display geared towards encouraging procreation. Put simply, if you dig the way someone shakes their booty, sooner or later you’ll be compelled to take things to their logical conclusion and more little dancers will be born. I’m not talking about the sort of dancing you train for hours to perform: perfecting the merengue or maintaining competitive-level salsa will alienate you at the office party, where it’s advisable to try to fit in.

click for more

<small>[ 21 November 2004, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:08 pm 

From "Movers and Shakers":

Quote:
THE DRUNKEN STUMBLE Belief in one’s ability to dance is absolutely proportionate to the amount of alcohol you’ve consumed. The stumbler will try — and fail — to turn a stagger, fall or lunge into an as-yet-unperformed piece of fancy choreography. They will enjoy themselves enormously, blissfully unaware of the ever-increasing space opening up around them.
I once agreed to go to a Cajun dance with someone who eventually demonstrated this style of dancing. Hint: Never dance with someone who starts the evening by saying, "Let's wait awhile to dance. I can't dance until I've had at least three beers."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:23 am 

Quote:
"Let's wait awhile to dance. I can't dance until I've had at least three beers."
Now you tell me. Must be the same guy who asked me to dance. No, it wasn't in that type of bar.

I also remember several years ago at a ballet gala when a friend tried to teach me a step that everyone else, including her parents, got but me. I blamed it on my then new tuxedo...

<small>[ 22 November 2004, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Azlan ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2