public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ah, Yes, the, uh, Vorielli Method, Yeah, that's right..
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 3:22 pm 

So. I think we can now discuss what the famous Vorielli Method is here. I, myself, am quite experienced in it, if I do say so. <P>To go back, many, many years, to that first audition at the reknowned Institute of the Vorielli Method of Dance; S.O.M.M.A.H.R.M Something-or-Other...But I digest, er, digress. More later.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ah, Yes, the, uh, Vorielli Method, Yeah, that's right..
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 5:19 pm 

I thought I saw you there Maggie - <P>I think I had a class with Maestro Vorielli - he was the one who called plies squat-a-vue did he not?<P>And after class we all had to say "thank you very much" in French like this: "Merci For You"....because he was so famous, and we were so grateful. <p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited January 02, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 6:15 am 

Yes, yes, Basheva. The fundamental technical aspect that defines the Vorielli Method is that all plies are done as squats. Before every jump, and every pirouette, the squat is incorporated. This helps develop that "buff" aspect that the Method is known for.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 6:22 am 

sounds very avant guarde to me, Maggie.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 8:54 am 

Is this the same method that incorporates the position "a la Saigon"????<P>I recollect some fine classes of this method where we performed "sashays" across the floor. <P>In fact, I have almost as much regard for this method as the "Cachetti" one that gears to dancers such as moi who are loud and outgoing.<P>Now, if I could only find one of those good but -- alas -- expensive orthopedists who could make my cracking hips be still. Or an equally talented psychiatrist who could help me overcome my abdominal obsession. <P>But for now, I've got to run, dahlings. After all, it takes all of several years to become the excellent hoofer I aspire to be. <P><p>[This message has been edited by Christina (edited January 03, 2001).]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2001 7:37 pm 

Look folks - don't knock this famous teacher, I am a product (ok by-product) of his school and I starred in his most famous ballet "The Sleeping Nudity" - all those squat-a-vues paid off handsomely.<P>Or was that the "Sleeping Nullity" ? Doesn't matter I slept through it - it was a VERY difficult part. I phew-etted my way through that Aurora Borealis solo soar la pont, I set a record. Legnani would have been jealous.<P>In fact she was jealous, that's how old I am. You think it was really ole Mathilde Kschschin - whats-her-name who was Nicky the seconds mistress? Nope - it was me - another handsome payoff for those squat-a-vous. <P>and I owe it all to what's-his-name - the Vorielli dude.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 6:14 am 

Hearing all of his old ballets mentioned awakens feelings of nostalgia. Who can forget his "Scwinn Lake" or "Coppola" the ballet about the demented dollmaker who made dolls named "Guido" and "Godfather" and the villagers who crept into his workshop on Valentine's day, only to be shot. Great story.<P>Don't we all remember his protege, Nerdheeis, who so exquisitely exhibited Vorielli's squat a' vous before each and every pirouette. Such incredible, deep, squats! It's what made his jumps and leaps so magnificent!<P>I know Stuart remembers his great ballet, "The Steam Table."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 7:29 am 

Yes, indeed Maggie. There is clearly a great deal of research still to be done on the significant contributions that Vorielli made to the development of Modern Dance. <P>I understand that Ron Protas has said that, 'Martha got it all from Vorielli, particularly that day in class when he called out to her, 'Pull that belly in!''

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 10:18 am 

Thanks so much for that tidbit, Stuart. Every time henceforth I execute a contraction, voluntary or not, the master's name shall be whispered on my lips. <P>I don't want to make Basheva jealous, but she was not the only one to have a torrid affair with our hero. He considered me his (a)muse(ment). He told me so. Again and again. So there. Italians have a thing for redheads. They love our passion, our verve, our elan, our temperament -- not to mention our sprinkling of freckles in shocking places. But I am making myself far too worked up recalling the heat of many moments, not to mention invoking the censorship of all of the fine moderators here, so, alas, I must leave you ............<p>[This message has been edited by Christina (edited January 04, 2001).]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 11:09 am 

'...not to mention invoking the censorship of all of the fine moderators here,'<P>Er.. perhaps you could send me an e-mail with a blow by blow account, Christina? Just so I could assess its suitability for the site, you understand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 11:25 am 

Stuart, you DAWWWWWWWG! Ruff!<p>[This message has been edited by Christina (edited January 04, 2001).]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 11:30 am 

Christina, et tu?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]