public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Personally Tested Excuses that Every Dance Student Needs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 2:32 pm 

As much as we all love what we are doing - there does come a time in each dancer's life when things just don't go right and we need to "explain" it. Here is a list that I compiled through the years that I know works:<P>The mirror gained weight overnight.<P>The dog ate my shoes (cat, ignuana, can be substituted).<P>These feet don't belong to me.<P>My clock was upside down - that's why I am late to class.<P>Which is my right foot if I'm looking in the mirror?<P>I forgot to sew the ribbons on my shoes - but that's ok - because I forgot my shoes.<BR>..............................<P>What are you tried and true "reasons" for those special occasions when the world is against you?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Personally Tested Excuses that Every Dance Student Needs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 4:22 pm 

gosh, i don't recall ever forgetting shoes....i certainly DO recall, though, analysing the comparative reflective properties of various mirrors....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 5:46 pm 

There was not only an analysis of the reflective properties (she's so technical) of mirrors but also the analysis of comparison BETWEEN mirrors. <P>The trick was to get THAT OTHER GIRL to stand in front of the "fat" mirror........and ruin her day.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 6:20 am 

More - time tested excuses - <P>My tights won't let me plie'.<P>I can't jump because those meatballs I ate for lunch are plopping around in my stomach.<P>I am not concentrating because the pianist is making faces at me.<P>I'm falling down because the floor is hard, slick, sticky, bumpy, smooth, dark, light (pick one - your choice).<P>I can't dance beause my shoes are too - hard, soft, narrow, wide, long, short, wrong color pink, new, old. (another multiple choice)<P>I missed rehearsal yesterday because I was busy baking you a birthday cake - which the dog ate.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 6:27 am 

When I was learning trapeze and my teacher told me off for failing to remember a sequence of moves, I explained that the moves were in my other leotard. (This excuse didn't work though!)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 6:34 am 

Love that, Trog! It must be my favorite so far.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 7:10 am 

Trog - that only works if you don't wash that leotard...............LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 8:00 am 

Marginally off subject perhaps, but what the heck, it's never stopped me in the past. <BR>When I was a table tennis coach one of my charges, Andrew, was drawn against a rather impressive player in a tournament. Before the game one of my colleagues said to our lad, 'You know Andrew, your opponent does have some obvious weaknesses.' Andrew responded at once, 'Yes, but I don't have any obvious strengths!'

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]