public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Fine Art of the Excuse.................
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:23 am 

From the Chicago Sun Times - I bring you the fine art of the "excuse" for those days and events that just beg for one:<P><BR><B>CRASH COURSE: HOW TO CALL IN SICK</B><P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It's not an aspirin we need, but a good excuse - one that someone else can swallow while we free ourselves from the headache of a prior commitment. Not to worry. Understanding the anatomy of a plausible lie is the best cure for the most acute problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.suntimes.com/output/show/cc04.html" TARGET=_blank><B>YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THE REST OF THIS...</B></A><BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Fine Art of the Excuse.................
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 8:59 pm 

They had closed the link, so I couldn't read the article. Reminds me of something that was "going around" when I was in Jr. High School (way back in the Middle Ages). It was how to get excused from an exam. First cut out small bunches of hair and glue them back to your scalp. Put on extremely pale make up, but emphasize circles under your eyes. Suck on one of those candies that changes the color of your tongue. Conceal ketchup in your mouth. As the exam is about to start, fall off your chair to the floor, start to writhe as though having a seizure. Pull at your hair (so the glued bits come out) and froth "blood" (ketchup) from the mouth. Guaranteed to fool any teacher!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Fine Art of the Excuse.................
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 6:28 am 

Karen - LOL LOL - <P>Sounds like this was your specialty - LOL<P>My husband once called in sick with a "brain hemmorage - and told them he would be in the day after" - it was the only "sick" day he ever took off in over 30 years. He said he was entitled to at least one brain hemmorage in 30 yrs.<P>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]