public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Don't miss this chance
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 7:25 am 

I thought that this topic was worth a re-visit especially as today is a holiday in the UK and the US.<P>Hope that recent readers of the site will add their own dreams.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:39 pm 

Dream partner - Gene Kelly<P>Dream dance - something like the Gotta Sing Gotta dance sequence from Singin in the Rain. I would love to be Cyd Charisse.<P>She was elegant and a perfect match for Kelly.<P>Dancing in the dark from The Band Wagon with Fred Astaire would be another one and I wouldn't even mind being Jerry the Mouse to get a chance to dance with Kelly!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:57 pm 

Being hopelessly stuck in the past, I'd like to have been any one of the original dancers in the Pas de Quatre. I love the music, and choreographed my own version of it once (so there!).<BR>Second choice? To be Pavlova for five minutes and dance The Dying Swan sublimely.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 3:32 pm 

I have made a couple of choices before - but this is heaven right? so I get another...<P>I would like to have been Mathilde Kschessinskaya on the night that she became the first Russian ballerina to successfully do the 32 fouettés with all of the royalty looking on, and people applauding like mad. <P>And then the horses were unhitched from her coach and it was pulled through the streets of St. Petersburg by her admirers to a huge celebratory feast. And then the Grand Duke who was her paramour gave her a huge diamond brooch which she pinned on her costume the next time she danced.<P>That gives me a marvelous performance, a great meal, and diamonds. Hard to beat that one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 5:03 am 

OK, call me a hopeless romantic, but my choice of heaven would be to dance the Nutcracker's Snow Queen with my darling husband as my cavalier. <BR>

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 4:25 pm 

I would be standing in line behind Helen waiting to dance with Anthony Dowell! I think I'd choose to dance 'The Dream'. I've never seen it, but it sounds beautiful from the descriptions I've read, and Anthony looks breathtaking in the photos I've seen of it.<P>My second choice of a partner would be Paul Clarke, because I have a childhood memory of having a ballet book with a beautiful photo of him in 'The Sleeping Beauty', and it really made an impression on me. So I guess I'd want to dance that, and re-create the photo.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 4:49 pm 

StrawberryIce - have you read the thread on Anthony Dowell in the Ballet Forum about hanging up his shoes? There is some very interesting stuff in there.<P>I have the tape of him dancing The Dream with Meryl Park....it may be available for purchase on amazon.com....or perhaps your local library or college library has it. It is quite a wonderful tape.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3