public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: does anyone have a good roast receipe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 12:21 pm 

i'm cooking a roast this week and was wondering who has the best receipe? lets see what you all can come up with.<BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: does anyone have a good roast receipe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 1:03 pm 

Do you have a crock pot Kim? That makes great roast beef - comes out fall-apart tender. <P>I remove all the fat from the meat - ALL of it. And then make a sauce of tomato sauce, some brown sugar, soy sauce. No, I don't have the amounts - I just do it by taste. Then I halfway cook up some potatoes (till they are still a bit hard), and throw them in with the meat, and slice onions. You could also add mushrooms, if you like. <P>That's it....nothing fancy - but it's very yummy.<P>Oh yes, I leave it in the crock pot for 6 hrs. Comes out very juicy and tender. You could of course put in all in a covered roaster and then roast at a very low temperature - again for many hours.<P>Forgot to say....if you like the gravy thicker - then add some flour to a small amount of it and make a paste and then add that to the entire pot.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited August 06, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: does anyone have a good roast receipe
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 11:02 am 

Yummmmm!!! i'll try that tonight. so just put in the sauce ingredients, by taste. i can do that. i always use the crock pot, alot easier with my lifestyle lol!! i'll let you know how it comes out. thanks again!! Image<BR> kim <P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because of their passion -- Martha Graham<P>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]