public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Pope and the Internet
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 9:36 am 

From the London Times:<P><B>VATICAN TO GIVE INTERNET ITS PATRON SAINT</B><P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>THOSE tempted to curse when their computer screen freezes or flashes up irritating messages about performing illegal operations will soon have someone to pray to instead. Reports this week said the Pope is about to name St Isidore of Seville as the patron saint of computer users and the Internet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P><BR><A HREF="http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,20-81566,00.html" TARGET=_blank><B>MORE...</B></A><P><BR>(obviously someone has been listening to me while I am posting and linking in sites - and everything slows down, and AOL decides to take a break....and the cat wants something, and the husband is hungry....)<P>(if someone thinks this would be better in Issues - please feel free to move it - I won't cuss at all)<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited February 12, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Pope and the Internet
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 10:45 am 

I hope they make a dashboard version so I can put one on top of my moniter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 11:29 am 

To guide you to safe websites, Maggie...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 12:50 pm 

Or, in my case, guide me safely to web-sites!<BR>Thank-you, Basheva.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 4:13 pm 

ok - I have this dumb question-<P>If one were to pray to this patron saint of the internet - what would one pray for?<P><BR>I told you it was a dumb question...but an inquiring mind wants to know....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 4:43 pm 

You'd pray that someone doesn't decide that you need to be "deprogrammed" for praying to the patron St. of the internet.<P> Image <P>Just teasing. Just teasing.<P>You know how easily the "cult thing" starts.

'God grant you all your desires and accept my own hearty thanks for all your attention to me. Although indeed, those attentions have tried me more than death can now terrify me.'<P>Lady Jane Grey<BR>Wife of Guildford, Lord Dudley King Consort<BR>Daughter of Henry Grey Marquis of Dorset, Duke of Suffolk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:01 pm 

Ha! Wait till the visions start happening!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:03 pm 

Maggie:<P>Per Stevie Nicks "I keep my visions to myself".

'God grant you all your desires and accept my own hearty thanks for all your attention to me. Although indeed, those attentions have tried me more than death can now terrify me.'<P>Lady Jane Grey<BR>Wife of Guildford, Lord Dudley King Consort<BR>Daughter of Henry Grey Marquis of Dorset, Duke of Suffolk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:04 pm 

It would be interesting to see what a miracle consists of.........<P>what would one consider a miracle on the internet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:15 pm 

An entire day with no spam.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:37 pm 

Jane, funny you should mention Stevie. I used to know her. She gave me a Madame Alexander ballerina doll as a thank-you for recommending a ballet teacher for her in California when she decided she wanted to take lessons.<P>We wouldn't have Lourdes if Bernadette had kept her vision to herself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 5:54 pm 

Maggie:<P>Well Bernadette was her own sweet self.<P>I'm just "that kinda person". Ya know?<P>Could you please ask Stevie Nicks what you have to do to land a guy like Lindsey Buckingham for me Image ??????????

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 1:51 pm 

From the Chicago Sun Times:<P><B>SPIRITUAL AID FOR SURFERS</B><P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Modem too slow? Having a hard time signing on? Hard drive keep crashing?<P>Instead of giving your computer a smack and muttering a few choice words to no one in particular, maybe a little divine intervention is in order.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR><A HREF="http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/saint15.html" TARGET=_blank><B>MORE...</B></A><P><BR>(now I <B>know</B> someone has been listening to me as I sit in front of this computer)<P>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]