public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: New issue of Pointe Magazine is out....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:31 am 
<A HREF="http://www.pointemagazine.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.pointemagazine.com/</A> <BR>its the Jul/Aug issue with Kirov dancer Svetlana Zakharova on the cover(BEAUTIFUL)

Post subject: Re: New issue of Pointe Magazine is out....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:25 am 
Angela, thanks for pointing this out. I guess they must have photographed Zakharova when she was guesting in New York last Feb.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:34 am 
POINING THIS OUT-good one NG!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:41 am 

angela, have you read the message board? they have a topic for nutrition and there is a section on am i too fat? these girls are saying- i'm 5/5 and weigh 105. is that too fat? (OH to weigh 105 again!!) right now i weigh 135, and i'm 37 years old. (HA!!) <BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 8:02 am 
YEAH KIM-I did! UNBELIEVABLE! But then again I'm not IN the ballet world on a PROF level-but still that seems way small.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 10:05 am 

Unfortunately those kids are consumed by the weight issue.....to the detriment of both themselves and dance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 12:18 pm 
Yes Basheva-I hope they are turned around quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 12:40 pm 

I agree angela, with you and besheva. i am SOOOO glad that i am with an amatuer group. we have so much fun and best of all we don't worry about weight. the director of the group was overweight when she began the group and has lost 50 pounds. she is still overweight, but dances so beautifully. we are going to do the production of God Spell for my church in september, and then, for next year's recital, we are going to do the "uncle Tom's cabin" dance from The King and I. we also dance for hospitals, nursing homes, ect. how wonderful it is to just dance from your heart and not worry about those silly weight issues. <P>kim <P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because of their passion -- Martha Graham<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:34 pm 
KIM,<BR> Whats the name of your dance group?Do you dance ballet?modern?Jazz? A COMBO???In plays only??? This sounds inspirational!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:58 am 

the name of my group is called Dance of Miriam. it is based in my church. we have started a dance school there which teaches ballet, modern, jazz and hip-hop. (i also take lessons at the St. Louis Ballet company School) We have been in existance for almost 3 years. we do an assortment of things: plays, recitals, performances at hospitals, retirement homes, ect. a few girls have done dances for the congregation on Sunday mornings. i have so far been in 2 plays and 2 recitals. we will probably end up doing a christmas production this winter, after God Spell this fall. <BR>whats really "exciting" is when the pastor tells my dance director that we have 8 weeks to throw together a dance production for the church. so she has two weeks to come up with around 4-6 dances and 6 weeks to teach us! boy you learn to pray during this time!! but it always seems to work out, and the production is very professional, and everyone just loves it. so my dance group most certainly keeps me busy. i'ld love to take a martial arts class, but i always say, after the play, then after recital, then after summer. oh well, such is life. <BR>kim <P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because of their passion -- Martha Graham<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 7:24 am 
KIM,what you're doing is an inspiration to me!A GREAT example that its NEVER too late! And I like that its a church group too!GODSPELL is one of my favorite musicals-a dream play for me to be in.<BR>I was also thinking about taking ballet at the St Louis school-in the summer or intervals between classes -I'll partically be right next door(in Chicago).Let me know of your progress girl!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 8:20 am 

the st. louis ballet company is, in my opinion, the best place in st. louis to take lessons. i love the teachers, and they treat me, an adult dancer, with respect. my teacher, octavio, teaches with the idea that i have to learn this stuff because one day i'll be dancing with the ABC. (Ha) i most certainly wounldn't want to be a pro, but still, he treats us with that attitude, and i just love it. thanks so much for your compliments. that's so sweet. And it's true, its never, ever, too late to follow your dreams. <P>kim<P>------------------<BR>Great Dancers are not great dancers because of their technique: they are great dancers because of their passion -- Martha Graham<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 10:19 am 
YOU GO GIRL! Octavio? I'll have to remember his name!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 11:20 am 
KEVIN NG-as far as whats in Pointe mag,besides beautiful ballerinas modelling GORGEOUS tutus,the festival/premiere section says the the HONG KONG BALLET will be presenting MU LAN Aug 10-19 at the Kwai Tsing Theater and Sha Tin Town Hall. GIVE US A REVIEW when or if you see it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 11:39 am 
Othwe articles:<BR>-Performance Perfect Hair<BR>-The perfect Pitch:how innovative co. lure audienes<BR>-The Internal Critic by Bruce Marks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]