public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Line dancing crisis in Ireland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 10:33 pm 

<B>Dancers draw the line at council ban on smoking and toy guns</B> <P>BY EITHNE DONNELLAN in The Irish Times<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The use of imitation firearms by a troupe of line dancers practising their steps in a Co Down hall has brought them into conflict with the local borough council. <P>The council, which owns the hall, accused the line dancers of breaching fire regulations and banned them from firing their imitation Colt 45s. <P>The move caused several people to leave the Missouri Country Music and Line Dancing Club. But some club members decided to give up their cowboy antics and continue line dancing - minus their weapons - at Holywood's Queen's Hall. <P>North Down Borough Council then enforced a smoking and drinking ban on the troupe, which members regarded as the final straw. 'We feel we have been victimised by the council. Every time we went to the hall there was a new set of rules,' said Mr Billy McClintock, who organised the club's monthly meetings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://globalarchive.ft.com/globalarchive/articles.html?id=010904011104&query=dance" TARGET=_blank><B>more....</B></A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Line dancing crisis in Ireland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:20 am 

I once saw posted at a public beach the following public notice:<P>No glass containers on the beach.<BR>No dogs allowed.<BR>No other animals.<BR>No bicycles.<BR>No alcoholic beverages within 10 feet of the sea wall.<BR>No overnight sleeping on the beach.<BR>Beach closed at ten p.m.<BR>No surf boards in this area.<BR>No fishing allowed.<BR>No fires.<BR>No cooking of any kind.<BR>No ball games of any kind.<BR>No littering.<BR>No camping.<BR>No radio that can be heard more than 10 feet from the source.<P>I probably left something out - they probably forgot no dancing (I put that in so this is dance related). ha ha<P>I thought it would have been easier to have stated what was allowed....rather than what was not.<P><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:53 am 

The park near my apartment has a sign that indicates that dogs are not allowed. Less than 10' away is a sign that says that dogs must be kept on leash and that owners must clean up after their pets.<P>As far as I know, we're allowed to dance there.<p>[This message has been edited by salzberg (edited September 05, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:31 am 

yipie yipeo!!! Get along little doggie!! yihaaa!! what is a cowboy to do, when his gun is taken away!! what is the world coming too!! that is kinda sad when a cowpolk can't use a fake gun. <P>ya know, that council sounds a bit like an old job i had. there was a list of things i couldn't do, and everyday it was different. maybe they know my old boss. . . ?<BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]