public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Football Players and Dance 101
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 11:58 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Steelers Not Overlooking Patriots<P>ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports on Yahoo!<P>BOOM-thwacka! BOOM-thwacka! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! <P>The blaring boom box emanating from a meeting room - what kind of film session was this? - brought curious club officials scurrying out of their offices. Even coach Bill Cowher poked his head into a hallway and wondered what was going on. <P>Inside, a dance choreographer was reviewing dance steps, with a musical accompaniment, as 20 players rehearsed a Super Bowl video. Several other players also were finishing up Super Bowl-related rap songs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20020121/sp/fbn_cautious_steelers_1.html target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:59 pm 

Please don't make me start football!!!!!Please don't make me start football!!!!!Please don't make me start football!!!!!Please don't make me start football!!!!!Please don't make me start football!!!!!<BR>PLEEEEEEEASE DON'T MAKE ME START FOOTBALL!!!!!<BR>One of the reasons I started dancing is so I don't have to play sports like football!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:50 am 
WELL heres a cool article: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/bossov3/nye.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/bossov3/nye.html</A>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:12 am 

And in ice hockey:

Quote:
Ballet has helped GA's Perez raise the barre

The Patriots goalie gets some ribbing about his training in tights, but his flexibility is matched by few netminders.

Joe Santoliquito, Philadelphia Inquirer

Germantown Academy ice hockey goalie Luis Perez has a general idea where the pictures are, but prefers not to bring them out. He still remembers the time his mother had the photo album out, showing a girlfriend pictures of Perez's past. Perez quickly ran out of the room.
<a href=http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/high_school/4728241.htm target=_blank>More</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:45 pm 

At Los Angeles Ballet there was a dancer named Steven Eades who had been some kind of a championship high school football quarterback in Kansas or somewhere. He became a pretty decent dancer and ended up as a soloist.

There was a Dance Magazine article many years ago about ABT principal Ted Kivitt, who spent a day as a guest working out with an NFL team. I think it was the Miami Dolphins, since he was from Florida. Kivitt was able to leg-press more weight than the football players, and during a practice scrimmage, when given the ball to run, he was so agile the football guys couldn't catch him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:26 pm 

When I was a little girl I remember seeing Lynn Swann on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. Rather than visiting football practice, Mr. Rogers visited ballet class. I remember Lynn explaining what "pas de deux" meant, and Mr. Rogers repeating "pas de deux - dance for two." I think that theme even carried over to the Neighborhood of Make Believe.

Tackles or Tours en l'air?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:13 pm 

The benefits of ballet for karate:

Williams thrives in pas de deux of karate and ballet
A martial artist who knows her way around classic dance. By Sarah Potter for The Times:

THE local bullies moved in for some serious teasing when they heard that Natalie Williams had taken up ballet, but then they realised that the six-year-old had twinned her dancing with karate. Unsurprisingly, any malice was shortlived and the girl from Beckenham, Kent, became affectionately known as “The Karate Kid”. Today, in Mexico, she represents England in the World Championships, confident that her famed twinkle toes can capture at least one medal.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2