public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sympathy needed quick
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 11:42 am 

Not sure whether this should be in the fun stuff section as sure as hell I wasn't laughing when it happened.<P>Today I managed to stab myself in the leg during an arts and crafts session with a craft knife(don't ask). Luckily it was a clean new one and after a visit to A&E they have glued the small wound back together and secured it with a couple of butterfly stitches and given me a tet**** booster jab in the bargain.<P>I suppose the funny part is is I'd told the kids they were not to touch the craft knife and if they needed anything cut to ask me and what do I do - stab myself. So much for being the responsible adult!!<P>Not sure how much sympathy i'll get - but I can but try.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sympathy needed quick
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 11:49 am 

Yikes, Joanne - I hope it heals up quickly!<P>I can't believe that only part of the word "tet****" shows up on the forum due to the "dirty word" filters.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 4:19 pm 

Joanne - sorry to hear about your wound - but don't feel bad about the responsible adult thing.<P>Several years ago I went for my first piano lesson. I had told the teacher all about my dance history - and that I wanted piano lessons to help me communicate with the pianist in the ballet classes I was teaching. The piano teacher was very anxious to meet me - he had never met a ballet dancer before........<P>So, I walked into this empty hall - nothing there except a grand piano and a bench - and yes, you guessed it - I fell over the bench. LOL - I can't help laughing all over again. <P>The piano teacher just stood there with one carefully raised eyebrow.......<P>"Tet***" is probably the result of the spelling police.....<P>Get well quickly, Joanne.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 9:43 am 

Just so that everyone knows the nanny-checker is if fact me. Yes, I go through all the postings in the micro-seconds before they appear on the board and edit out any words that might cause offence to our more delicate readers, such as Christina.<P>I take pride in my handiwork like the example above - protecting civilisation from corrosive pollution. No offence Joanne. <BR>Sorry to hear about the wound. <p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited February 04, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 5:40 pm 

well joanne- i am full of sympathy. that had to hurt! i hop eit gets better very soon. don't feel stupid because... ummm... i have to defense for that statement. just kidding. its not a big deal. Image<BR>-zoebear

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]