public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mists of Avalon
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:55 am 

Anyone planning to watch this on TNT tonight? I've been waiting years to see this on the screen, its another obsession of mine. Hope its good, but I'm a little afraid, don't see how they can do it justice in only a two-night mini series.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mists of Avalon
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 9:34 am 

I don't have cable, so I can't watch it. I haven't read the book, but probably will someday. My roommate of several years did her senior honors thesis on arthurian legends, with this book being one of those focused on. So I was kind of sad that I couldn't see it.<p>[This message has been edited by katheryn (edited July 15, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 12:25 pm 
I dont have cable(yet) either-but I can see some INCREDIBLE actresses are in it;i LOVE Joan Allen AND Angelica Huston!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:05 pm 

I'm watching it! And Lacelot it very attractive! Reow! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 1:13 pm 

Well I made it through this, but I was VERY disappointed. They seemed to want to make the characters more sympathetic and just ended up taking all the teeth out of the story. Good casting, sets, and costumes, though. And, yes Lancelot was nice looking, though I really though the guy that played Mordred was a hunk. However, I still think it would have been better titled "Messed Up Avalon." I shudder to think that the late Marion Zimmer Bradley would have ever given this version her blessing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2001 4:37 pm 

I didn't get to see the second half, so I've decided to just read the books. (I prefere books to movies anyway.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:12 pm 

Oh, read the book. You will not be disappointed. I agree w/kathyrufous about the mini-series taking the 'teeth' out of the story. There is no way to do book justice in a 4-hour mini-series.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:48 pm 

I too love the book and found it hard to watch a condensed version on t.v. (I was lucky catching it while I was out of town..I don't have cable at home) but I must say the costumes/make-up and hair were superby! Especially the druid look! and the tatoos were well done! I keep wishing people now dressed more beautifully like the show Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:19 am 

ol. You should see some of the stuff I wear. Usually it's the "normal" stuff, but everyone and a while....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 12:32 pm 

Atheancait-<BR>You and I can start a new trend! Image lol wait..no..that would inevitably lead to my not liking it anymore..hee hee Image<P>------------------<BR>The dignity of dance lies in the most noble of instruments, the living bodies of men and women.<BR>~Mary Wigman~<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2001 11:03 am 

Is the story of 'The Mists of Avalon' in agreance with 'THe ONCE aND FUTURE KING'? I saw some things that I remember from the book, and some stuff that was left untouched- liked how King Arthur died. (I remember Mordrid as one of ARthur's knights, but not as his son.) The part of the movie I watched was nice, but I want to read the book, cuz I've read the 4 or 5 books about king arthur and lancelot, etc. already. Image

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]