public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy Spring!!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2001 1:56 pm 

You're showing your age now Stuart - centigrade? Celcius (sp?) in fact!!<P>UK today - Sunny and in the 70's (Fahrenheit)<BR>Yipee!!<P><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 1:59 am 

HUH? Centigrade? It's Celcius, it really is!!!<P>Hmmm, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, about 23' Celcius (centigrade for Stuart), sunny. <P>Oh god Basheva i think I'm getting jealous on you, one more raindrop and I'm moing to San Diego (it was raining yesterday)! I would be o so happy to listen to that blasted mockingbird whole day and whole night for 3 days of sun (sea, sand.... sorry couldn't resist)!!!!!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 2:49 am 

Hey! Less of these ageist cracks, if you don't mind. Centigrade is alive and well with some of us:<BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.marshallinstruments.com/degc.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marshallinstruments.com/degc.html</A> <p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited May 22, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 3:03 am 

Ok, you win Stuart Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:05 am 

Hiding behind the aegis of that informative website should stop the ageist attacks. <P>Sorry, I guess that just crept in from somewhere.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:44 am 

I know you can get Internet screening software. I wonder if you can get something to guard against puns. The trouble is there wouldn't be much of this site left.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 5:37 am 

Well, Anastasia - come and visit San Diego.....<P>We could have a criticaldance convention here on the beach in San Diego....make a fire on the beach at night, Mexican food, mariachi music, dance, have more pun....ooppss sorry ...meant to type "fun"..<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 1:47 pm 

Stuart - where do you find these sites?<P>And Basheva what a great idea - we should do it on a Criticaldance birthday!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 3:07 pm 

Well Joanne I have many favourites bookmarked and when the day is not going too well, I turn to them for solace. Marshallinstruments data page is somehow very calming. I'm sure everyone would agree.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 3:11 pm 

Yes, Stuart - I read it often...in my sleep.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 11:15 pm 

Ummm... yes!?!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 1:07 am 

Joanne i suspect that you remain unconvinced. Please have a look at this page on their stainless steel high pressure guages, which I'm sure will convince you.<P> <A HREF="http://www.marshallinstruments.com/sp.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marshallinstruments.com/sp.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 3:58 am 

Why, yes, of course. Joanne, get with the program here. If Basheva can read these in her sleep, it should be no problem to enjoy these sites while awake. I, of course, am utterly intrigued and would like to install these guages around my farm for, uh, for, um...for awhile, yes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 12:29 pm 

I keep staring at these pictures waiting for them to turn into something interesting - like a magic eye picture (remember those) - how long should I keep staring for Stuart?<P>I'll keep staring until you advise me otherwise Stuart.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 5:10 pm 

Consider the miracle of the fortnight lily. As it's name implies it is of the lily family and blooms once every fortnight. It has a tall star shaped flower about the size of a rose.<P>They are abundant in this part of the world and very much so in my garden. Every fortnight, I wake up in the morning and all of them have bloomed over night. They are scattered around my garden, some in the shade, some in the sunlight, some in dry spots and some in wetter spots. Some grow in a breezey place and some in quiet nooks. Yet all bloom on the same evening.<P>But, even more miraculous - they bloom all over San Diego County in unison. This county has some great gradations in weather from the ocean, to the mountains, with valleys in between. Temperature can differ as much as one degree per mile along with sunlight and cloud cover. Damp at the ocean, dry just a few miles inland. <P>It is a very large county so it is not unusual for some parts of it to be 60 degrees while inland over the mountains it could be 100 degrees. <P>Yet through all these variations of temperature, climate, ocean dampness or inland dryness - shade - sun - wind - or not - the fortnight lily blooms on the same evening all over this area.<P>I would like to know how that happens....or maybe not....perhaps it is better to think of it as a miracle.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next