CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Ballet Restaurant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:45 am 

djb, that story about Lenin makes me cringe! And it seems Basheva has a mild dislike of the ineffective modern method of education! If it makes you feel any better, we're not that much better off in England.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:14 pm 

Everyone seems to have ignored the fact (or avoided it), that dancers are some of the UNHEALTHIEST eaters ever created. <P>Luckily, this fact seems, for the most part, to have been kept hidden from the general public - so much so that now, the general public will go to a restaurant to eat what they THINK dancers eat. (Or maybe they won't) Now if they really KNEW what dancers ate, it would probably become an instant success.<P>Seems to remind of the fashion world's borrowing of the leg-warmer/dance bag chic of the 70's/80's.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:04 pm 

WordFox, my friend - I will have you know that this evening my supper included all seven of the major food groups:<P>dark chocolate<BR>light chocolate<BR>white chocolate<BR>powdered cocoa<BR>baker's chocolate<BR>chocolate syrup<BR>chocolate covered strawberries (to make sure I got my allotment of fruit for the day)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:13 pm 

Don't forget chocolate covered nuts for protein.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:23 pm 

Maggie, no, not a set painter -- a "sat" painter: he sat while the others painted.<P>Tanzen, it doesn't make me feel better knowing that England's not much better off; it did make me feel better, though, when my friend said that the girl was embarrassed by her mistake when he told her he was talking about Vladimir Lenin. At least she didn't say "Who?"<P>Wordfox, maybe the point of the restaurant is not to imply that dancers have a healthy diet, but rather to lure dancers in so they'll eat something healthy!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:54 am 

djb, if the main thrust of the Ballet Restaurant's marketing drive is healthy eatng for dancers, I give them 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:30 am 

I’d love to eat at a restaurant where they actually publish the calories and grams of fat per dish on their menu. If I order a glass of lemonade will it be served to me in a ballerina pointe shoe?<P>------------------<BR>Michael Goldbarth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:52 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I’d love to eat at a restaurant where they actually publish the calories and grams of fat per dish on their menu. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh no how depressing! They would have to have two sets of menus - the truth and the fairy story.<p>[This message has been edited by Joanne (edited June 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:37 am 

I like the restaurants that have two sets of menus - one for the woman and one for the man. It's so romantic.<P>What's the difference you ask? Her's has no prices writtin on it.<P>YEA!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:38 am 

Whatever the case, I hope it has a sturdier floor than this restaurant in Sacramento:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Sacramento Restaurant's Dance Floor Almost Sinks<P>KCRA TheKCRAChannel.com<P>A popular Sacramento restaurant was closed Friday morning after its dance floor almost sank the night before.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><a href=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/kcra/20020614/lo/1227464_1.html target=_blank>More</a>, in Yahoo! News

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:44 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Dance mix to feed the hungry <BR>Chinese restaurant is spot for late-night fun<P>Brian Murphy, San Francisco Chronicle<P>Gullane, Scotland -- Ever hear the one about the Scottish Chinese restaurant cum discotheque?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/07/21/SP244335.DTL" TARGET=_blank><B>more...</B></A>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3