public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ballerina in a Bottle
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:05 am 

Maggie, as is well known I have a fascination for Statistics and I have calculated that you have the highest proportion of any of our posters for postings concerned with alcoholic beverages. Is this something that we should be worrying about?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 7:30 am 

<-------notices that they are ignoring the subject of Grand Dukes and their success rate with ballerinas.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:27 am 

Yes, Basheva, a red herring. And, Stuart, I wouldn't worry until the number of postings at least catch up with Basheva's chocolate and banana split postings! (Pass the liqueur filled chocolates, please)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:12 am 

Surely, Albrecht never needed to ply Giselle with riesling to give her the Wilis?<P> And Coppelius did not use cabernet to warm up Swanhilda's wooden limbs?<P> Was brandy needed to start the Flames of Paris? <P> I am sure that Maggie only uses the brandied chocolates to aid in her patina process. <P> We all know it is the passion of the dance that blinds us to right or wrong. (Or a crazed ballerina)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:18 am 

And Basheva:<P> Of course we are ignoring the Grand Duke. Who else can afford to put our ballerinas on a private stage, provide the private orchestra, and shower them with gold? <P> Ahhhhh. But WE can dance with them!<P> "Safe upon the solid rock, the ugly houses stand; come and see my shining palace, built upon the sand"<BR> Edna St. Vincent Millay<P> (Anyone familiar with the first, and more famous, half of this couplet?)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 3:20 am 

You mean the first fig?<BR>My candle burns at both ends;<BR>It will not last the night;<BR>But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--<BR>It gives a lovely light.<P>aaahhhh...<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 5:56 am 

Brava Katharyn.<P>How about this one? The source?<P> "Life is a glorious cycle of song,<BR> a medley of extemporanea;<BR> And love is a thing that can never go <BR> wrong,<BR> And I am Marie of Roumania."<P>And now, on to dance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 6:49 am 

THE RETURN<P>After a weary road adrift<BR>Away from home and star<BR>The music gone from my life<BR>A dancer without a dancer’s barre<P>What kept me away from my muse<BR>Looking around I couldn’t decide<BR>Till I listened to the internal music<BR>And found the problem was inside<P>So I learned it was within my grasp<BR>To feed my soul’s desire<BR>I had an overwhelming need<BR>To quench a thirsting fire<P>The years away were long and dreary<BR>I am covered with many a scar<BR>But now I approach with song and purpose<BR>Again a dancer at the barre<P>Copyright, March, 2000<P><BR>How did we get from a ballerina in a bottle to my poor poetry? <BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 7:56 am 

Many an Irish writer did just that. (lollol)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 10:04 am 

Basheva: <P> It is really very simple - a ballerina IS pure poetry. It's just that, with some, it takes a little more from the bottle in order to hear the rhymes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 10:07 am 

Oh, Maggie, Maggie... However I don't think it was ballerinas they had in their bottles.<P>Also, I must state I am a big fan of James Joyce; it took a Dubliner to show the English a new style of writing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 4:45 pm 

Oh my goodness, I just posted onto this thread. Too funny...this ranks right up there with the "singing bass" (you know that singing fish, it sings "dont' worrry be happy", mounted on a little plaque; scarily enough, it was the biggest selling father's day gift last year in the US!!!))as "goofy tchotchkes for people with WAY too much money". I would like to propose another "complementary" topic, perhaps a bit more controversial---"Ballerinas who hit the bottle"! No of course, we wouldn't post that...I just like the sound of it!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 5:11 pm 

How about ballerinas who spin the bottle?<P><BR>oy vey iz mir

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 5:28 pm 

A new party game?<P>Place the ballerina on the floor with others gathered in a circle around her. Spin her vigorously. When she stops spinning, whoever she is pointing at gets to drink out of the bottle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 6:10 pm 

LOLOL - Wordfox - you are a worthy spinner of ballerinas -!!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next