CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Wouldn't it be nice...
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:53 am 

it would be nice if we could meet up with each other say every 2 years or so?? i mean we could pick a venue in the States that every one could get to ( including everyone in the US ) and then 2 years later you could all come to the UK..i think it would be great , we could all go to the ballet , sight seeing , shopping, take a class?? and most important we would be able to see what every one looks like!!

Post subject: Re: Wouldn't it be nice...
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 4:27 am 

What a sweet idea, Sugar Plum Fairy! Sometimes, when I get to 'know' someone through the medium, it kind of makes me sad to think I will probably never actually meet that person.<P>But, then perhaps meeting this way is better than not meeting at all - which is what would happen if we didn't have this board!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 4:34 am 

Show me the money! Image<P>

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:16 am 

That is a lovely idea Sugar Plum. The CD fans who live in London do see eachother quite regularly, so if you are ever down here, we can certainly fix up a gathering of a few of the clan....and sometimes some of us have been known to venture North of the Border. <P>BTW, 'Wouldn't it be nice' by the Beach Boys is one of my fav pop songs of all time.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:53 am 

Back in the days of dial-up BBSes, when a board's constiuency was pretty much limited to its geographical area, a group of us in Houston got together every Friday evening for dinner and, sometimes, a movie, or bowling.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:57 am 

Wow Jeff! Sometimes you sound like a real person rather than a Cyberspace construct.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:38 pm 

Think of me as a Turing Test.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 1:33 pm 

Stuart, that must be part of Jeff's charm.<P>Sugar Plum Fairy, I think that's a lovely idea. I don't think we would all be able to fit in CD's corporate jet. However, I'm sure flying on the Concorde would be covered by the budget. As Basheva mentioned, at least we're able to get together via the 'net. <P>Where do you think would be nice place to all meet? Maybe something a little less obvious than NY, London, or Paris.<P>My favorite Beach Boys song is "Caroline, No" followed by "Good Vibrations."

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:18 am 

I wasn't thinking of any song when i chose that as a title!! but i do like the song...anyway , i didn't realise that those of us who are on the board in the UK meet up from time to time in London....well i'll be in London for Swan Lake and Nutcracker by the Royal Ballet later in the year..how about meeting up then??? if i'm in the States , which will be sometime next year i'll drop an email to those who are nearest and we could meet up..what do you think??

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 4:35 am 

It's a date SPF. e-mail me the details of your visit at my address above and we'll see who's around and arrange a nice, cheap meal near the ROH.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 4:38 am 

Maggie, those are certainly great Beach Boys songs and of course all three that we hav discussed are from the amazing 'Pet Sounds'.<P>In terms of meeting somewhere off the beaten track, is Poughkeepsie as nice as it sounds?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 6:38 am 

"God Only Knows" is the Beach Boys song that's going to be played at my wedding.<P>Stuart, Poughkeepsie isn't really *that* bad. Just has a funny-sounding name. For a real treat, I suggest we all meet up in Gary, Indiana.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:07 am 
THATS A GREAT IDEA sugar plum fairy!!!<BR>I know another group that does this sort of thing.<BR> Maybe SF or NYC would be a nice 1st stop(maybe we could get a group rate on a performance if enough folks show up).<BR> Then London(great excuse for me to go to London now)!<p>[This message has been edited by angela (edited May 16, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:38 am 

Some place less obvious than NYC? Well, New Jersey, of course! Or better yet, Connecticut. The terrorists will NEVER find us there.<P>If we're gonna meet off the beaten track, it should be in the Berkshires, at Jacob's Pillow, over the summer.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by citibob (edited May 16, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:07 am 

I was thinking Sarasota. Among the dance companies we could go see are...um...er....<P>Well, we could go to the beach.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next