public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: It's In the Bag...........
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 10:41 am 

After 30 yrs. of a dancing career, I decided to empty my dance bag. So, I sat on the floor and turned it upside down to dump it out! But everything in there was so mushed, mashed and mixed (nice alliteration don't you think?) that nothing fell out.<P>Therefore I was forced to pull the stuff out one by one - <P>What do you think would be in there after 30 yrs???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: It's In the Bag...........
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 2:14 pm 

A sort of primordial soup made up of uneaten bananas, corn plasters, some holes held together with the remains of a pink cotton leotard and a carton of blackcurrant juice that's sprung a leak. Ummm....nice!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 5:21 pm 

Close Stuart ! LOL Close ! <P>The first thing out of the bag was a half eaten deli sandwich circa - 198? (that was not a typo).<P>And, yes, a black leotard - no wait - it's green........with a glob of chewing gum that I almost swallowed in a grand jete'...<P>the birthday card I forgot to send to my mother (I was wondering why she stopped inviting me for supper).........and ........<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 6:21 am 

continuing with the inventory.......<P>knitting needles and instructions for leg warmers - that I never got to<P>A book on "How to Dance Injury Free" that I was going to read while my cast dried.<P>A ball of yarn that I pulled from my old ravelled leg warmers, that I was going to use for my new leg warmers - that I never made.<P>Tape - lots of it - for my shoes, for me, for whats-her-names mouth who stands next to me at the barre.<P>something sticky.....ick........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 6:30 am 

more.........<P>a white lamb, busy growing wool for me<P>cracker crumbs.....ok....let's be honest..pastry crumbs....<P>Everything I can't find in my bureau drawers, and thought I had lost....<P>20 pairs of old pointe shoes, that if sewn together would make one shoe..<P>an letter containing a marriage proposal - hmmmmmm..good thing I didn't answer that one....<P>so now that I am back in ballet class - it's time to start filling up the bag again, and again...and again...<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 3:04 pm 

All that in one bag?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 3:39 pm 

LOLOL - Azlan - no dancer EVER carries a small bag - it's usually bigger than the dancer........and that was a very limited inventory I detailed - you wouldn't want the full inventory.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 6:09 am 

....and a partridge in a pear tree.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2000 9:31 am 

I love this thread!! My favorite personal dance bag story--I was in a New York subway station fishing into my dance bag for some coinage to buy a token. My hand went in and hit this mass of slimy, cold globular ooze. It turned out that my vanilla yogurt lunch had opened inside my dance bag covering ballet slippers, notebooks, pencils, pens and wallet...charming!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2000 4:47 pm 

My dance bag also had a full shop-repair kit - bandaids, adhesive tape, hairpins, safety pins, hair clips, ace bandage, bits and pieces of used lamb's wool (just in case the lamb runs out, I guess), nail clippers, a folded up scissors, needles, thread, - and a prized T-shirt from Alaska that I thought I had lost 10 years previously. <P>Seeing that this thread is about what it is about - I think I will not include my "signature" this time..........

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]