public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ouch
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 10:54 pm 

Not really fun stuff - but just ouch<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Miss Michigan Dances on Broken Foot<P>MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) - Despite being hobbled by a fractured right foot, Miss Michigan Stacy Lynn Essebaggers continued clogging during the artistic expression portion of the Miss America (news - web sites) pageant<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010920/en/miss_michigan_1.html" TARGET=_blank> <B> MORE... </B> </A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ouch
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 3:03 am 

Ouch is right... but seriously, who here has never ignored their doctor and danced on a broken bone? <P>Mine was left ankle... I did the first half of an Irish performance and the director drove me to the hospital at intermission when she found out. <P>I found myself "warming the bench" for the next two months.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:05 pm 

Sarah - I'm not sure if you are pulling our leg or not - I hope you are - the pain is too much for me to imagine.<P>Although I have to say I thoughT I had badly sparained my ankle once and slept on it overnight. In the morning when it had swollen up two times as much I went to A+E and I had broken a bone. Lesson learned always get any injury checked out straight away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 7:07 am 

Nope, not pulling any legs, unfortunately. It was a stress fracture gone bad. Concrete floors and hardshoes do not mix. Not well anyway.<P>It was actually the medial malleolus... at the time I had no clue what that was, but it did hurt a little. It's like any injury though... you don't REALLY feel it until you stop dancing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:16 am 

Adrenalin can be an interesting thing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 1:30 pm 

I believe, if I remember correctly, in an autobiography of Alica Markova, (I think it was called "Giselle and I") she danced through one performance on a broken foot...or toe...<P>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]