public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Giselle on Angel, the TV Show...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:45 pm 

Okay. This is weird. I turned the TV on and thought I was watching a bad student production of "Giselle" but quickly realized it was a scene from "Angel," the TV show. I was so intrigued, I sat through the whole thing. Turns out, our anti-hero, Angel the Vampire, is a ballet fan and the whole episode revolves around a fictional Russian ballet company.

The plot involves a jealous "owner" of the ballet who punishes his favorite prima-ballerina for taking on a lover by making the spirits of the ballerina and the company perform "Giselle" over and over again since 1890 (that in itself should be a bad punishment but to perform it badly night after night must be a fate worse than hell!).

In the end, when the defeated wizard declares his obsession for the ballerina (don't they, all?), Angel responds by telling him to start a website. Hmm...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Giselle on Angel, the TV Show...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:07 am 

I'm so sorry I missed that! I love watching TV programs' attempts at ballet. Years ago I saw some made-for-TV movie with Andrea Marcovicci as a ballet dancer. She'd obviously had serious ballet training in her past, but had nowhere near enough technique left to be doing the choreography she was doing (pointe work, even). When I think about the movie "Company," that's what I'm hoping hasn't happened.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:58 pm 

I saw that show yesterday, and I knew that I recognized that evil doer .. Interestingly, your website was started right around that time!
Anyway, I liked the russian ballerinas accent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:01 pm 

You mean this website was started in 1890? Maybe there's some truth to that story... Evil wizards and ballet webmasters/webmistresses... Hmm...

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]