CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: HAPPY FOURTH EVERYBODY!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:56 am 
Anyone going to see fireworks? Or listening to a band? Going to see The Powder Puff Girls movie????<BR>ADMIT IT AZLAN!<p>[This message has been edited by angela (edited July 03, 2002).]

Post subject: Re: HAPPY FOURTH EVERYBODY!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:47 am 

I'm off to see fireworks tonight at a race track. Never having been to a racetrack before, I'm not sure what to expect. It's always seemed like a strange "sport". Sort of like a cross between gambling and 4-H...<P>To make this dance related, can you imagine if we made bets on dancers? 4:1 chance on #12 doing 32 fuette's, she's looked good in warm up, but her trainer seems worried...<P>And imagine the names they might have...!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:56 am 

LOL, I think you mean the Powerpuff Girls Angela. Frankly, I like the Powerpuff Girls. Finally something for kids that's not about looking like mini-Britneys. <P>Happy 4th Americans!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:37 am 
YOU MEAN THEY HAVE THIS IN QUEBEC TOO???(LOLOL)<BR>Thanks for the correction Marie--<BR>I'm SURE that Azlan knows EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN....since I suspect hes going to see this movie w/ his date!<P><BR>[This message has been edited by angela (edited July 03, 2002).]<p>[This message has been edited by angela (edited July 03, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:22 am 

<center><big><big><B>HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!</B></big></big></center><P><BR> <center> Image </center>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:47 am 
THATS GREAT MS B!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:06 pm 

<center> Image </center>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:23 pm 

Speaking of which, what's the best fireworks display you've ever seen? My favorite is the one at the end of the opening sequence of Woody Allen's <I>Manhattan</I>, with <I>Rhapsody in Blue</I> playing. It's not even in color, and it's still great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:15 am 

The best one I have ever seen was on TV and it was in New York Harbor when the Statue of Liberty was re-opened after it was refurbished. (that's probably before most of you were born - Image ) Oh, the fireworks to celebrate the Bicentenial was terrific too. <P>The best I ever saw live was when I was in a hotel in the harbor of Auckland, New Zealand. Our room faced the harbor and we had a ringside seat. I have no idea what they were celebrating, but it was great - and a gorgeous setting too.<P>Today to celebrate we are going to have a typical American meal for lunch - hambergers, fries, cole slaw, potato salad, lemonade and for dessert - what else? - apple pie.<P>But, the best thing about it is - I am NOT cooking it. YEA!<P>Then we are going to walk around the harbor (if we can still walk after that meal) and there will be fireworks all over the city this evening.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited July 04, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:56 am 

the best fireworks display i have ever seen was the milleneum fireworks display over the Eifel Tower in Paris over the t.v. that was incredible! other than that it would have to be sthe humble fireworks that my boyfriend buys for my family to watch. they are not as facinating but they are lit with love.<p>[This message has been edited by happymagill (edited July 04, 2002).]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]