public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Electric Ballerina
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 8:02 pm 

Image <P><BR>Forgive me, if we've already seen this but I just discovered this interesting site:<P>The Electric Ballerina<BR><A HREF="http://www.novia.net/~jlw/electric/electric.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.novia.net/~jlw/electric/electric.html</A><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Learn more about ballet (or just have fun!) by downloading these computer-generated simulations of steps and positions. (You'll need the Macintosh or Windows versions of Apple Computer's QuickTime software components. See below for links to download what you'll need.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited November 05, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Electric Ballerina
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 12:54 am 

and what i'm curious to know is: how on earth did YOU find the time to actually just be doing some browsing? (for those who don't know, azlan, who is our webmaster, lives about 3 lives all at once.) - or did you trip over this, while purposefully looking for something else? Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 10:23 pm 

Grace, to answer your question, I volunteered to be a subject at the Roslin Institute*.<P>However, the copies of me are not as good as the original. Therefore, if you see a post by "Azlan" that's off color, that's not the real me. Image<P><BR>*The scientific institute in Edinburgh that cloned Dolly the sheep.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2000 9:34 am 

I think I don't like this ballerina, because she's TOO perfect, it's very frustrating for us normal people...<BR>no?<BR>and no, i'm not jealous... well ok a bit Image<P>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2000 3:31 pm 

Don't worry paquita... this ballerina made me jealous, too. Don't ya hate perfect dancers?! LOL<BR>-Zoe Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2001 9:28 pm 

Maggie's physics thread reminded me of this thread. I wonder if these simulations follow the laws of physics.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:52 pm 

I think that nobody can do what the little electric ballerina do Image Even exceptionnal dancers, none of them is so perfect. But it's not so bad after all. To me, to dance is to try to get close to perfection. It is a kind of 'motivation'. But I know that it will never BE perfect Image<P>Maybe you already made a thread about this before, but what does dance mean to you? <P>I like the aesthetical aspect, the fact to give life to a music, to control all my moves... I think it is a very complete art. <BR>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2001 2:14 pm 

To my mind - perfection would be boring. I like to see a human being dancing, not a perfect dancing doll. <P>Someone recently said it much better than I in a post - and I can't remember who or where it is but....this person said she likes to see the dancer dealing with gravity - not a wispy thing. It's an interesting propostion, I think.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 2:35 am 

I dunno; there's something to be said for a dancer who <I>always</I> finds her light.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Jeffrey E. Salzberg, Lighting Designer<BR>"Shang-a-lang, feel the <I>sturm und drang</I> in the air!"<BR>Online portfolio: <A HREF="http://www.suncoast.quik.com/salzberg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.suncoast.quik.com/salzberg</A> <P><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:04 am 

Ha, Basheva. I'm not boring!<P>And i'm perfect!! LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:13 am 

Berry - you are certainly NOT boring at all - never - ever, my friend.<P>I enjoy your posts and your insights - and on top of all that you are handsome too!!<P>An, irrisistible combination!! <P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:09 am 

Thank you, Basheva. I hope all other 533 members will read this.<P>And because you are so kind to me: i forgive you, about that "steeling my question" Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 6:56 am 

Well Berry, you have a got chance by Basheva I see Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 6:57 am 

I mean a good chance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 11:05 pm 

Toch niet jaloers, he!? Image<P>Ik zie je komt uit Tilburg. Doe de groeten aan Marjory H., Carry Bokh. en Jacques v. M Mocht je ze kennen en zien.<P>Berry

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next