public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: A CUTIE of a Graphic.......
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 4:29 pm 

Here's a graphic I thought you all might enjoy - it's from the New York Times:<P><center> Image </center><P>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A CUTIE of a Graphic.......
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:00 pm 

Thats cute Basheva~!!!!<BR>:>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 11:37 pm 

It should be noted that the ribbons tied with the 'up the ankle criss cross' action is a Hallmark of the Vorielli Method. much more flattering to the buffened calves.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 6:53 am 

<P>That is very perceptive of you Katharyn.<P> However, it should also be noted that in the advanced levels of the Vorielli method the dancer gets to tie the ribbons with a very large bow on the front of the shin - it is called the Vorielli a la ribbone' de vaunt. <P> (no that is not a typo or a misspelling)<P>And in celebration of the Vorielli method I think I will affix my signature here:<P><BR>------------------<BR>Approach life as a dancer approaches the barre, with grace and purpose.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited January 08, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 7:43 am 

You guys are cracking me up. What a way to start a Monday. "Buffened calves," indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 9:52 am 

Buffened calves - let me guess - is it sorta kinda in the category of buffered aspirin? or is it shiny calves? or, heaven forfend, naked calves? Are we talking fleshpots here?<P>I think Katharyn needs to elucidate .......illuminate.....broaden (no pun intended) and make known the universe of the properties of calves.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 9:53 am 

The naked foot must be female - it looks shaven........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 2:21 pm 

Basheva -- perhaps I can "illuminate" about the buffened calves, at least as I perceive them. <P>First, you must go to a health club. Overpriced is always a plus. Rock music playing at a high decibel level is good too. A big plus is a cement floor covered by a bit of foam and carpet, thus rendering it a "cushioned floor." And, it's always smart to find a club where guys affectionately known as "brickheads" drop their equipment on the ground after their last hoist, with a significant, accompanying grunt. <P>Once you're a member of this club, you sign up for a class where you get to clap and stomp (and possibly chew gum) in time to the aforementioned rock music on the aforementioned cushioned floor. If you do this long enough, your calves will look like someone did an incision and inserted a large grapefruit in the center of each.<P>Once you get this cool muscular look, you go into the tanning booth (it might cost extra but being buff costs). Do this again and again until your skin resembles leather. <P>Then, always remember to slather on gobs of oil to get that real shiny look. Hair is a no-no. You can order NADS, the latest in infomercial hair removal technology, and apply it, oh, at least several times a day --any time you see the least bit of shadow.<P>Finally, go out and buy a thong leotard -- the shiniest you can find. Something with 2%nylon and 98% spandex. Wear some leggings underneath that are capri length so as to best show off your newly buffened calves. <BR>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 2:42 pm 

Or Maybe the bare foot belongs to a male who is a dancer and a swimmer, because swimmers often shave, too.<BR> Image<BR>-Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 4:59 pm 

Zoe - very good point!! (the kid is bright)<P><BR>Christina - I am still stuck on the first sentence of your post "perceiving buffened calves" -

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 9:56 am 

Well -- let's ask Katharyn. She coined the term, which, I believe, will live in infamy. Being a Midwesterner in origin, I'm not sure that I can be as enlightening as, perhaps, our west coast friends. What say you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:00 am 

<----------West Coast friend - very unenlightened.....

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]