public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: You are no longer "cool" When:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 5:17 am 

LOLOL - watching this UK humor fly by is very cool indeed.<P>You know you are no longer "cool" - when:<P>you get hot flashes<P>you can't think of any composers past Vivaldi (and it doesn't bother you)<P>your kid looks at your high school grad picture and says "I can't believe that's you". (actually he didn't say that, but the look was in his eyes. He knew better than to say it, or else supper was OVER).<P>You begin repeating yourself.<P>you get hot flashes - did I say that before?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 5:19 am 

Well, we need to get that photo of Stuart up on the "who we are" page right away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:17 am 

Well, there <I>is</I> no "dance requirement, but both common sense, intelligence, and courtesy would seem to demand that the majority of posts on a dance BBS have something to do with dance -- and just saying the word "dance" does not make the message ABOUT dance.<p>[This message has been edited by salzberg (edited September 08, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 11:15 am 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 12:36 pm 

You know you are no longer cool when:<P>you wear your long underwear under your tutu for warmth<P>there is a cast party, but you go home to sleep instead<P>the president is younger than you are<P>the salvation army refuses your discarded clothes<P>life is fun anyway<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:23 pm 

yOu are no longer cool when:<BR> You listen to 80's pop music in your spare time-for pure enjyoment! (I am especially uncool for this one, considering that I am only 17 now, and I wasn't raised on it; I heard it, and liked it on my own!) <BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 11:31 pm 

AARGGHHH!!<P>Try me on '70's or even 60's pop music. And I remember it from first time around.<BR>I defy anyone to say the Eagles are no longer cool. Or 'Your Song' (among others) by Elton John.<P>You are no longer cool when you admit to knowing all the words to all the songs in The Sound of Music, The King and I, South Pacific and several others.<P>You are no longer cool when you walk into a record shop (even calling it that is un-cool, I imagine!) and request a CD by Don McLean, and the 20 year-old man behing the counter hasn't the faintest idea who he is, and has never heard of 'Vincent'. His loss.<P>Sorry, had to get that one off my chest.<P>You are also un-cool when you:<P>Get on first-name terms with your doctor Image<P>Admire some of your (82-year-old) mother's clothes (that's a really icky one, I know, but my mum is very smart when she makes the effort, and doesn't look her age).<P>Consider flying a big deal. As one who avoids it like the plague, it's alays a big occasion to me, then I see all these young types with their backpacks who promptly fall asleep on boarding, while I'm about to do my white knuckle, I-hate-takeoff routine (later to be followed by my even worse I-hate-landing-even-more routine).<P>Begin to hate the loud music in shops (or at least wish they had better taste).<P>Unashamedly visit the gates behind Kensington Palace on July 1st 1998. No smart comments please: it still hurts.<P>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:30 pm 

You know you're no longer cool when you get cranky every time someone posts something that isn't related to dance.<P><BR>Sir. Image<P><p>[This message has been edited by *Sarah* (edited September 09, 2001).]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 5:40 pm 

Sarah - LOLOL<P>You are no longer cool when your favorite part of the airplane trip is when the plane is doing NOTHING - just sitting on the tarmac - everyone else is moaning and groaning about "wasting time" - I love it. A plane sitting still on the tarmac - is fine with me. (I'm with you Red Shoes.)<P>Maybe that's why I don't fly anymore - 'cause I am so way uncool.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 10:51 pm 

Yup! Some of my happiest moments in life have been right after landing. <BR>God, that sound SO sad, doesn't it? And un-cool, of course. <P>Well, you know what I meant really. Image <P>AND I am going to be flying on Friday!!!! Image Image Image I'm already gearing up for the stress, and you feel such a wimp, and you can't help it. <BR>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:25 am 

Girl, please, i agree with you completely. i believe if God wanted us to fly, He would have given us wings. i hate flying more than anything else. oh by the way: <BR>DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, DANCE!!! HA!<BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:10 am 

Good to hear I'm not alone (doesn't help much, but good to hear it Image )<P>Is it un-cool to take people off the main argument, as I have just done, I wonder? Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:39 am 

You know your uncool when :<P>You hang out with your cat more than your friends!!<P>you'd rather be sleeping at 9 on a Friday night instead of clubbing.<P>your bones ache from dancing when it was your muscles that used to ache!<P>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:01 pm 

Red Shoes - did you know that Rudolph Nureyev despised flying? As much as he flew in the course of his career, he hated it.<P>It is uncool to <B>stay</B> on the topic, Red Shoes. ha ha <P>It is most uncool to head for the library in preparation for an upcoming vacation, as I have just done. Uncool - but that's me. <P>Christie- lovin' your cat is a most cool thing. <P><p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited September 10, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:06 pm 
I guess a woman can be said to be uncool-when she STILL enjoys being called"MISS",loves the door being held open for her by a gentleman,and wouldnt mind ending a date w/ a gentle hug or a chaste kiss on the cheek(like me).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next