public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: You are no longer "cool" When:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 6:56 am 

Ok, first i have to satisfy the dance requirement: dance, dance, dance. there, now:<BR>-You find yourself listening to talk radio.<BR>-Your daughter says she got pierced and you look at her ears.<BR>-The pattern on your shorts and couch match.<BR>-You fondly remember your powder blue leisure suit.<BR>-You criticize the kids of today for their satanic suicide inducing music, forgetting that you rocked to Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath.<BR>-You call the police on a noisy party next door instead of grabbing beer and joining it.<BR>-You turn down free tickets to a rock concert because you have to work the next day.<BR>-When jogging is something you do to your memory.<BR>-All the cars behind you flash their headlights.<BR>-You bought your first car for the same price you paid for your son's new running shoes.<BR>i do most of these. i guess i'm just not cool huh? lololol <BR>let the non-cool folks unite!!<BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: You are no longer "cool" When:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 7:10 am 

You know you are not cool when:<P>you ask what is hip-hop? (the dance requirement has been met)<P>you hear of a big party - and you make it a point to avoid it.<P>you turn off the computer for a good book.<P>people ask what was playing the last time you went to the movies and you answer "Ben Hur"<P>the local antique shop looks like your house<P>you still hang your clothes outside on a clothesline - and the neighbors think that is a suspicious activity.<P>you have a 33 RPM record in your hand, and a child asks you "what is that?"<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 9:50 am 

Ditto for hip-hop. I still don't know what it is. We had jazz or contemporary or (groan) ISTD modern. Dance requirements satisfied...<P>Ditto also for the bit about Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper. May I also add Led Zep and Deep Purple?<P>You are no longer cool when...<P>You enjoy Cliff Richard and his music.<P>In a city like Rome you crave the fantastic churches and monuments and ignore the men. Or they ignore you, which is worse Image Image <P>You opt for the documentaries over the action films on TV (cinema? What cinema? I see everything on video. No, not DVD, video).<P>You would like to download music free from the Internet, but don't know how.<P>You still use cassettes rather than CD's.<P>You start to agree with your parents Image<P>You start to sound like your mother Image<P>You opt for the flatter shoes even if you are out for the evening, leaving your gorgeous new Italian ridiculously high heel gold strappies (which you shouldn't have bought anyway as they look better on 20 year-olds...but you've GOT them!!!) in their box.<P>You have been known to wear your husbands shorts, T's and shirts (to his disgust).<P>Chipped nail polish no longer sends you paranoic. On the contrary, it is the norm.<P>You don't mind answering the door sans make-up...<P>You force your child to eat something at breakfast even though you never did.<P>You say to a friend's daughter (whom you are helping with English homework), "Wasn't the Royal Wedding lovely?", and she replies, "Actually I wasn't born then..." Image<P>You refer to Bob Dylan and Blowin' in The Wind as a possible poetry subject for English study (for same girl) and she says, "Who's he?" Image<P>I think I'll stop here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:20 am 
You KNOW you are not cool when,<BR> You watch only ONE espisode of "BIG BROTHER" and you're the ONLY one who understands that there is NO friendship or substance between these shallow,insipid,BUT(THEY'RE)GOOD-LOOKING people,that they are there SOLELY to win MONEY.<P>When you "cringe"when a kid comes into your library to get a book to read for a report thats due within the NEXT TWO DAYS-forgetting that you use to do that yourself.<P>When Britany Spears,Christine Aguliera,Mandy Moore,Jessica Simpson all look the same to you,SOUND the same to you.....<P>THE MINUTE THEY START CALLING YOU"MA'MAM."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:23 am 

oh, man!! i think the worse of all of these it when you become like your mother!! Image<BR>kim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:44 am 

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You enjoy Cliff Richard and his music.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry Red Shoes, but never mind 'You are no longer 'cool',' enjoying Cliff Richard (or Barry Manilow for that matter) means one's membership of the human race is cancelled irrevocably.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:07 am 

And Anthony Newley?....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:14 am 

A quiz. What movie was Anthony Newley in with Margot Fonteyn? (I'm cool!)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:41 am 
Geez-dont know Maggie?Tell us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:09 pm 

I quite understand Stuart, and accept the consequences, but you see Cliff and I were practically neighbours in Weybridge...<P>Will that do as an excuse until I can think of a better one?<P>I bet you're just jealous because the boy wonder is still looking great, bar a few wrinkles.<BR>Makes you sick, doesn't he? Image<BR>Especially when he sang almost his entire repertoire at Wimbledon, bless him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:19 pm 

Maggie...would that be The Little Ballerina?<P>Thank you, Google. Never heard of the film myself!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:38 pm 

Red Shoes, compared with my boyish good looks, Cliff looks like Methuselah.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:26 pm 

Stuart, I require proof of that.<P>Bung a picture up here...don't be coy! Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:53 pm 

Image <P>Your wish is my command, Red Shoes. Here I am in my usual casual gear. Who could argue with my assertion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:37 pm 

You look like Spike Milligan in a fez.<P>Did you HAVE to put up a pic in which you are about to go hunting bogeys??? Image <P>Sorry darling, I'll stay with Sir Cliff...nice try.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next