public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tim Tams available in London
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 1:46 pm 

Nothing to do with dance but harping back to Christina's coffee morning thread. I passed the Australia Shop which is in a side street just off of Covent Garden, London and their window display features packets of Tim Tam's the apparently delicious Australian biscuits. Unfortunately the shop was closed when i passed but rest assured I will return to sample these delights.<P>So London watch out!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tim Tams available in London
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:22 pm 

Enjoy Joanne! Have a look for all the varieties. There's the original chocolate tim tam, the double coat choc tim tam, the caramel tim tam, the mocha tim tam and recently I noticed they brought out a white choc tim tam. Have to say, I've only tried the original and I'm not the type of girl who'll go crazy over them, but I seem to be in a minority over this!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:58 pm 

Well, one thing I have heard that Australia doesn't have is peanut butter. Unless there has been an infusion since I heard this - it's a land deficient in this mainstay of American childhood - and for many adults.<P>That means NO peanut butter cookies, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, no Reese's peanut butter cups, no Haagen Daz peanut butter ice cream...well you get the bleak picture.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 6:04 pm 

I'm happy to say you've been misinformed Basheva. Fortunately we have (and have had throughout my life) plentiful supplies of PB - smooth and crunchy - here in Oz. On sandwiches we have PB and JAM (we call 'jelly' 'jam' and what you call 'jello' we call 'jelly').<P>There WAS a food poisening scare a couple of years ago where PB (all except one brand) was unbavailable across Australia for a while - maybe that's where your info came from?<P>Peanut butter flavour is more unusual, although we now have Reeses PB cups, which I've been meaning to try for ages.......<P>So - it's quite safe to visit us Down Under not only do we have tim tams, but you can still have your PB. We also have the wonderful vegemite, which I suspect you're deprived of in the US.....<P>Cheers, Danni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 7:44 pm 

This is wonderful news Danni - LOL. I remember there were a group of Americans - many years ago - who were living in Australia and were interviewed about how they liked living there. And all of them did like it very much - except they spoke of the lack of peanut butter. But, that was many years ago. <P>But now I know that last impediment has been removed. (smile)<P>I did get as close as New Zealand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 8:03 pm 

Well, I insist on knowing if you do make it to Oz - we'll have PB on our tim tams and then dance all the excesses away!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]