public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Those Who Should Have Danced.....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:09 pm 

Just reading that has me laughing, thanks I needed a laugh!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:23 pm 

I read that Macaulay Culkin studied ballet for awhile at SAB.

I think Home Alone would have been very entertaining with Christopher Walken in Culkin's role!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:25 pm 

[In case the post immediately above is puzzling, I was responding to something that I didn't realize was on the first page of this thread. But I think it makes a good non sequitur.]

<small>[ 02 February 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: djb ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:54 am 

Jackie Chan:

Quote:
As a child and teenager, Chan apprenticed at the China Drama Academy.

"After I change to action from dance, I wanted to make the martial arts prettier. Whenever I fight you can tell it's like a ballet." <a href=http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/5203464.htm target=_blank>more</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:38 am 

Without a doubt figure skater Kurt Browning! Just watched the A&E broadcast of Stars on Ice last night and thought again what a terrific dancer he would have been - I guess I'll just have to settle for him being a genius on ice!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:54 am 

I agree Noreen Arnold. Kurt Browning is my favorite skater. I saw him skate to the Mercutio solo music from R&J (Prokofiev) a few years ago. There were references to Cranko's choreography (which NBC does)in his performance.

Must be some ballet training,or an amazing ballet watcher's eye there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:26 pm 

Did we talk about Venus Williams yet?

Quote:
High seeds manage to avoid upsets at packed house on Key Biscayne

BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN, Miami Herald

... Venus Williams waved, laughed then twirled in a ballet-like move that brought her fans to their feet. <a href=http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/5461761.htm target=_blank>more</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:23 am 

What a shame that these skills were not used for dance:

Milene, Milan and a man called Ronaldo

There are at least 55,187 reasons why Milene Domingues is famous, and none of them have anything to do with her husband, a certain Brazilian striker. Anjana Gadgil for The Guardian becomes the latest in a long line of people to fall under the spell of that other Brazilian footballing superstar

The game had ended forty minutes ago. The team placed third in women's Serie A, Fiamma Monza, trounced lower league Reggina 4-0 on a bitterly cold night in Milan. All the other girls had put their goose-pimpled limbs back into their tracksuits and gone home with their boyfriends, husbands and parents.

But not Milene Domingues, the most high profile female footballer this side of the Atlantic, world-record holder for ball juggling and estranged wife of Ronaldo. She's still doing her hair.

An hour passes, and she's still "faccendo i capelli". But when the girl from Sao Paolo finally skips in, all five foot nothing of her, golden hair smoothed over her shoulders ... the wait was worth it. I've read that she has charmed press conferences packed with hardened journalists, so what chance do I have? In fact when I finally leave the club, buzzing with cappuccino and arrangements made to bring the girls to England, I too have fallen for her.

click for more

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:16 am 

Antonio Banderas:

Quote:
Banderas shows he's a song-and-dance hunk, too

By Desmond Ryan
Philadelphia Inquirer Theater Critic

NEW YORK - There is no shortage of big-screen heroics among Hollywood's reigning hunks du jour, but the challenge Antonio Banderas takes up in Nine requires a different kind of courage. <a href=http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/5641966.htm target=_blank>more</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:22 pm 

Quote:
From Miami to Madagascar

GEORGIA TASKER
Miami Herald

Mireya Mayor holds a mouse lemur, possibly the world's smallest primate, which she helped discover in Madagascar. This year she began dicussions with the Malagasy government about creating a national park to protect the little guy.

Mayor -- a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader, a University of Miami graduate and a Fulbright scholar -- eventually found the lemur and a new career, too. <a href=http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/6182193.htm target=_blank>more</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:30 pm 

How about Charlie's Angels:

Quote:
'Charlie's Angels' hype
is 'Full Throttle'
Much-anticipated sequel sports sexy, hotly dressed people, action, adventure, giggles and ... a big promotion budget

Margaret A. McGurk
Cincinnati Enquirer

Maybe you've been too busy to catch them on TV, radio and magazine covers recently, but the Angels have been way, way out and about as their second big-budget, high-volume, action-packed, fashion-forward, comedy-minded mystery heads for the big screen. <a href=http://cincinnati.com/freetime/weekend/062703_charliesangels.html target=_blank>more</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:03 pm 

Quote:
Mayor -- a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader, a University of Miami graduate and a Fulbright scholar -- eventually found the lemur and a new career, too.
Gee, without sports, she'd just be a scientist.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:37 am 

The president of Finland:

Quote:
Finnish Leader Gets Down With James Brown

MATTI HUUHTANEN
Associated Press

HELSINKI, Finland - When James Brown (news) was winding down his show at a jazz festival, the crowds clapped to the beat of his 1970's hit "Sex Machine," then roared with approval when Finland's popular president Tarja Halonen walked on stage to jive with the King of Funk. <a href=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030718/ap_on_en_mu/finland_funky_president_5 target=_blank>more</a>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:08 pm 

In an interview several months ago about the movie "The Two Towers", Orlando Bloom said:
Quote:
I really liked my part. Legolas is not just cool; his movements are smooth, like a cat. It was almost a ballet. Ian McKellen, Gandalf, thought I was the best Elf ever created. I walked around in a fantastic tight costume, but I would do it all over again!
I thought, well, as an Elf, he'd probably have good elevation and already he's okay with the tights.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:51 pm 

Quote:
Dancing his way down isle

MICHAEL SAUL
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SANTO DOMINGO - As he stepped out of his private jet onto the sun-drenched tarmac at the airport, Mayor Bloomberg was greeted with a welcoming band - prompting him to dance the merengue. <a href=http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/kr/20030802/lo_krnewyork/dancinghiswaydownisle target=_blank>more on Yahoo</a>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next