public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Things a Ballerina Would Never Say
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 8:45 am 

"I'm looking forward to retirement"<P>"The young talent on the way up is so much better than we were, they will eclipse us for sure"<P>"Maybe we could cut my reverence at the end of the pas de deux"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 7:59 pm 

"I wish the audience would stop applauding."<P>"The spotlight looks much better on the corps."<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 1:54 pm 

Sounds like a good idea to me Image. <P>"I wish my partner would stop using deodorant. I enjoy the scent of fresh sweat."<P>"It would be nice if my extension was lower. It feels so indecent to raise my leg to my ear during Giselle." <P>"I think I'm too thin. Let's go have a steak and baked potato with *lots* of sour cream." <BR>"Do you think this leotard makes me look fat?" (She wouldn't say this because she *knows* it does) <P>And you know, the Letterman joke about the chewing tobacco stains in the unitard is right. I never have that problem. Just use a little lemon juice and it comes right out! <P>------------------<BR>~Intuviel~

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 2:59 pm 

These are so funny! I was truly laughing out loud. There is a book about dancers' stories of funny things that happened. It's called ...And They Danced On by Waltraud G. Karkar. It came out in '89 and may be out of print. This board calls to mind some of the awful/funny things that happened when I was performing. Maybe some of these stories could be shared. I don't want to go first, though!<BR>Maggie

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 2:32 pm 

"My favourite brand of dancewear? Kmart!"<P>"You know, I don't see why the company should spend all this money on fancy schmancy high tech pointe shoes with 'shanks' and 'boxes.' I'm just going to darn the tips of my canvas technique shoes, stuff in some cotton, and dance away!" <P>------------------<BR>~Intuviel~<BR><A HREF="http://www.freetown.com/Uptown/HaightAshbury/1055/ballet.html" TARGET=_blank>Balletica</A><BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 8:47 pm 

These are just too funny...and I know that they were posted two plus months ago....but I just had to say....good job on all of them...they were hilarious. I do have one to add though.<P>"Yes...I would like a Big Extra Meal please...extra mayonaise." Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2000 8:59 pm 

Welcome, One1tutu (what a name!). Don't worry about posting to an older thread. Everything on this board is fair game. Post anywhere any time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 3:26 am 

Good work everyone! I had mised this thread before...<P>* i never did understand why we stop at 32 fouttes<P>* gosh my bare feet are pretty to look at<P>* pink tights are rather flattering, aren't they?<P>* While I'm doing mine, anyone else want me to sew ribbons onto their pointe shoes?<P>* What do I think of critics? I love them!!<P>* I find dancing on a full stomach gives me more energy<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 4:23 am 

Nice work moger - I particularly liked the one about sewing the ribbons.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 7:51 pm 

"My preferred credit card is Diners Club..."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 12:44 pm 

This thread is being continued at:<P> <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000112.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000112.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2