public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Things a Ballerina Would Never Say
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 3:43 am 

'Things never said' on 'Salute to The Stagehand' site<BR> <A HREF="http://indy1.calarts.edu/~dk/techie.html" TARGET=_blank>http://indy1.calarts.edu/~dk/techie.html</A> <P>is very entertaining. However, 'Things a Ballerina would Never Say' (courtesy of the David Letterman Show) does seem the weakest of the lot.<P>Why don't we see if we can do any better. Here's a couple to start the ball rolling:<P><BR>'No, I'm sure that Angela would be much better in the lead role than me.'<P>'I do worry that my tempo in the solo is making life difficult for the orchestra.'<P><p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited May 01, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Things a Ballerina Would Never Say
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 3:58 am 

This IS fun!<P>How about - "She really is a much better dancer than me"<BR>"I'm completely happy with my physical appearance"<BR>"He is a faultless partner"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 4:13 pm 

I agree. It *is* fun.<P>Now, let me try.<P>"Angela deserves star billing."<P>"My injury had nothing to do with my mistake."<P><BR>But in all seriousness, most dancers put so much into their craft that you have to forgive their driven personality. I know dancers who performed with an injury just because no one else could take their place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2000 6:48 pm 

How about:<P> -"I'm in this career for the money"<BR> <BR> -female dancer :"I'm in this career to meet "mr. right"<P> -"No it's perfectly OK that you accidentally stepped on my foot"<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 3:28 am 

HA HA HA!!!<P>How about -<BR>"Mr Designer, this costume is just perfect, don't change a thing".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 10:47 am 

Ooh, boy, I think we're going to get into trouble but then again maybe not, as ballerinas would never say:<P>"I am very sensitive to criticism and when people make fun of me."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 1:09 pm 

I actually thought the David Letterman ones were funny, especially the opera singer one Image, (but what's Quizstar 500? And who's Rush?). <P>How about...<P>You don't have to put me down so lightly~~I won't break.<P>Could we please insert another set of 32 fouettes in the fourth act? <P>I think we should have class at 8am instead of 9. <P>Wow! These Freed pointe shoes I bought last FOREVER! <P>I really wish this theater would pay more attention to the opera company. <P>I don't think that the cement floor is contributing to my foot problems. <P>------------------<BR>~Intuviel~

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 1:59 pm 

It's good that you enjoyed the Letterman quotes, but I have to tell you Intuviel, yours are better!<P>I'm still hoping that someone will tell me about Quizstar 500 and Rush.<P>How about:<P>No really, i'm sure there's space for another six in this dressing room. <P>We're so lucky that the Company scheduler looks after us so well.<P>I always enjoy my entrance down those 40 steps.<P>No, of course I don't mind my partner chewing raw garlic between scenes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 2:17 pm 

The QuizStar is a series of quizzes for all ages to help students broaden their knowledge of the sciences, I think. Here is a sample:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aquiz.com/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aquiz.com/index.html</A> <P>Rush is Rush Limbaugh, who is... well, a conservative political radio talk show host who is somewhat controversial in his remarkably eloquent ability to incite right wing conservatives. The Letterman quote may be referring to his girth. I'm not providing a link to any of the Rush sites because they tend to be extreme on both sides of the political spectrum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 2:25 pm 

Who needs make-up? My looks are perfect for the stage.<P>Ouch, the way I have to drop onto my knees in that fall simply kills me!<P>Loose weight? No I don’t think it’s necessary.<P>Life after dance? I’ll dance forever!<P>That's my attempt. I never one a prize for being funny...sorry folks.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 3:31 pm 

"He doesn't fancy me AT ALL"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 4:28 pm 

I think it's very important to have a prominent place for humour on the site; to balance things.<P>People taking themselves far too seriously is the root of many of the problems in our business.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 9:54 pm 

Grace, actually more than a few ballerinas have taken a look at our mischief...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 7:45 am 

I absolutely agree, the site needs a place for humour. Go for it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 8:35 am 

'Actually, I don't know any dancers who smoke.'<P>'Yes, I know the stage is too small and its got a sharp rake, but I like it.'<P>'First thing I do in a new town on tour? Find the nearest Macdonalds.'<P>'I've always been able to get as many comps for my friends as I want.'

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next