public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:52 am 

Just saw a segment on the news about how well this ad is being received and how they made it. I think you will be pleased to know that the Gap has made a very large donation to Audrey's favorite charity. Her son approved of the ad and even helped on the creative side.

One of my most treasured memories was watching her walk into Phillharmonic Hall at Lincoln Center to host a film tribute for Gregory Peck who was also there. This was in the early 90's. Michael I can tell you she was even more stunning in person.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:56 pm 

Thanks for sharing. If only we started the world with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. Perhaps the above duet would have changed the destiny we face.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:42 am 

David Gilmour must read CD, as he penned an article about Audrey Hepburn!

Quote:
Her movies, which are ploddingly detailed in Donald Spoto's plodding, unnecessary new biography, Enchantment, have not aged all that well. There are a few good ones — Wait Until Dark; Robin and Marian — and a terrific one, Roman Holiday. But for the most part, her film work is a series of isolated, ne plus ultra moments such as the balcony scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I disagree with the above. Movies like Sabrina, Funny Face, My Fair Lady, and Always (small role) are just as watchable today as they were some 50 years ago.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 pm 

Hi, Lucy. I really like this commercial, too, especially the creative spin they've put on it with the mirror image. She's a class act.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:56 pm 

Quote:
The black Givenchy gown worn by Audrey Hepburn in the film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" sold at auction Tuesday for $807,000.

The price, paid by a telephone bidder, was almost six times the highest pre-sale estimate.

More

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2