public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Have you hugged your kitty today?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:50 am 

I'm really enjoying all your pet stories. I just got back from visiting Ernie at work this morning. He is doing great - he's all clean and soft, his little tummy is getting round, and he's getting playful. If I get to take his picture this week, I'll try to post it. His new mommy still hasn't decided what she will name him, but he'll always be Ernie the Hemingway kitten to me! <BR>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:56 am 

My friend claims that all cats have at least three names: a formal name, a common name, and a secret name, known only by them. <P>When my other friends get cats, as they have been wont to do, the little kitties get seven or eight names, because we can't agree upon just one. So I bet Ernie the Hemingway will be happy to have his own set of names. <P>If cats have nine lives, do they need a new name in each life?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:46 pm 

I had two kitties.I got them when I was 5yrs old Punkey died when I was 18 she was gray, orange and white and a big fat cat(she at one time weighed 25 lbs) and no one could ever pet her except my family and I was the only one who could ever pick her up and hold her(and only for maybe 10 secs at the most) and she NEVER ever sat on laps. Well she died in Sept of my freshman year of college, she died the day befoe I was to come home for Labor Day weekend. But about 2 months before she died(I was still home cause college didnt start til the very end of Aug) well she got really, really skinny(like bony skinny) she also became super affectionate and would sit on laps etc... I think she knew she was going to die soon and that was her way of saying thank you and that she loved us. <BR> My Alley cat I had from when I was 5 til 21. He was the greatest cat, I mean I intend to always have cats(one of my qualifications in a husband is he must love cats or at least be able to happily toleate them) but my alley was a big fluffy black cat with green eyes. He was always getting in trouble, he got stuck in our basement celing tiles once, one time he got stuck in the garage door cause he was on top of it and no one saw and we closed the garage door and looked and their he was dangling from it. One time he got locked outside(they were outdoor/indoor cats but came in at nite) and he wasnt there so my grandpa went to bed(this was when I was about 11) and Alley climbed up on the car and hit the doorbell with his paws(our backdoor bell was located outside the house next to the driveway) Alley was smart too, I had this signal where i'd slap my knees iwth my hands and calls his name and he'd coem, when I went to school or dance class, voice lessons etc. he woud wait for me to come home, the first time I came home from college and found out my other kitty had died he came and licked the tears off my face and laid down next to me. <BR> Now I work as a nanny for a family in CA and they have 3 cats: but I spoil them and love them and they are basically jut like mine, they follow me around, sleep wiht me etc... Nimmy is big and white and he is soo uncoordnated he falls off the table all the time or he'll try to jump and then fall, but he is soo cute and he knows it too he is very concieted. Sasha is gray, orange and white and looks a lot like how my Punky cat looked she is the eat anything cat(flowers, food, paper, plastic it's all good to her) and she is so cute she has the loudest purr and every morning at 5:20 am(she is very punctual and presise) she climbs onto my chest and bats my face with her paw until I wake up and pet her(then we go back to sleep) charloote is a dark gray cat, she has a super loud meow, she likes so sleep up on my neck with her backside against my face and out of the three cats she is the one who "Loves me the most" she sleeps with me every single night and is always following me around the house, she is funny too cause she hunts and brings me gifts, but they are indoor cats so she hunts stuffed animals, it is soo cute.<P>------------------<BR>Joey: That's it, you hide my underwear i'm gonna do the exact opposite to you.<br><BR>Chandler: what, what are you going to show me my clothes?<br><BR>Joey: Hey, opposite is... opposite<br><BR>FRIENDS

Joey: That's it, you hide my underwear i'm gonna do the exact opposite to you.<br><BR>Chandler: what, what are you going to show me my clothes?<br><BR>Joey: Hey, opposite is... opposite<br><BR>FRIENDS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 10:33 am 

I love this thread: I'm another cat worshipper.<P>I currently have two: Moriarty, who is 13 and a sort of Siamese. Very loud and talkative. He sleeps a lot these days, and I suppose he's getting on a bit. Last year he got really thin and drank loads and pee'd loads, and it turned out he has diabetes. So now he gets insulin jabs twice a day from yours truly, and has regained weight. He had a bit of a shock when I acquired the new one a few months ago...<P>The second is still a kitten, and was christened Mew by my son. She was about 10 days old, and stuck in the middle of a busy road at 8am. My son saw her first, and I ran out into the road before the lights changed. She got put into the basket on my bike, and accompanied my son to school with me, crying loudly (as only kittens can) all the way. She was so tiny and helpless, and although I tried to locate the mother, she wasn't around.<BR>Took her home, and fed her formula for weeks from a tiny bottle. My husband didn't want her, and we had a BIG row over it. We agreed she was to go and live in his mother's garden, with other strays that she feeds. She didn't.<BR>She is now a beautiful glossy black, yellow-eyed acrobat. She delights in strolling along the balcony rail ( Image) and rushing out the door when we come in or go out. She also likes to steal de-frosting meat form the kitchen top. She likes to lick after-sun cream from my husband's face, inexplicably. She attacks Moriarty for fun, amd he retaliates, because he wants to be calm and rest. Poor Moriarty, but he knows I still love him.<P>My husband, who didn't want us to keep Mew, plays with her, cuddles her and talks to her.<P>Small postscript: Years ago I found another cat, a little older and self-sufficient, but still young and probably abandoned. She was a glorious long-haired Tortoiseshell, and a bit feral: not cuddly. Dad christened her Nutty. When I left England for Italy she stayed with my parents and had a long and spoiled life until she, also, got thin and feeble and ill. My mother had the sad task of taking her to the vet, and sobbed down the phone to me that afternoon.<P>I am dreading having to do the same for Moriarty one day. <P>I would love to put up a pic or two of mine here, but don't know how.<P>Basheva, would you do it for me if I e-mail them (once the wretched computer is definitely 'clean' of course, not now)?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:02 pm 

Red Shoes - I would love to help you with the pictures - however - I would have to put it up on the AOL server. In order to do that I have to print out your picture - and then scan it. I do have printers (two) and a brand new scanner, BUT - here's the rub - the resident engineer is still getting the software (so he tells me) all figured out. I think he is busy adjusting color values.<P>He isn't putting a great deal of energy into this.....high powered meetings with other high powered retired engineers at Starbucks take priority from such things as installing scanners. <P>The pictures that I have put up recently were already on the AOL server. Before the old scanner broke down and the new one was bought.<P>However, if you want to send me the pictures, I will see what I can do. Unless someone has some other advice of how I can do this.....I would love to help.<p>[This message has been edited by Basheva (edited September 07, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:38 pm 

Thanks Basheva.<P>But I won't send anything now, as I want to get the all-clear about this virus: a real nuisance, and I got it from an innocent friend, as it propogates e-mails to others without you knowing it is doing it. Nasty.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 3:33 pm 

My name is on this - but I am doing this for Red Shoes, she sent me this to put up.<P>Here she is on her wedding day and with her cats:<P><BR> Image <P>Isn't she beautiful? Wow - Red Shoes - what a gorgeous bride you were/are!!!<p>[This message has been edited by Admin (edited September 08, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 5:08 pm 

O.K. Here's a cat for you...<P> Image <P>And, does anyone remember the book "Mourka the Dancing Cat"? It's about a real cat.<P>Red Shoes, you are very beautiful and so are your cats.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 5:23 pm 

Maggie - tell me that is stuffed cat - and I don't mean with food.<P>Mourka was the name of Balanchine's cat.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 9:45 pm 

Red Shoes, your cats are gorgeous! I love your headdress - it reminds me of the bridal procession in MacMillan's Romeo and Juliet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:53 pm 

LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!<P>I don't believe the size of that cat! Tell me it's a photomaontage someone??<P>Aw shucks people, thanks for the compliments and all that, but everyone looks great on their wedding day, and it WAS 14 years ago...and I was SOOOOO happy...<P>The wedding cat was Nutty (now long gone, alas), and the other two are Moriarty (13) and Mew (nearly 6 months now). They deserve billing too! Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 11:08 pm 

No, really, I'm still laughing over that cat....<P>Basheva thanks for the photo. Did you say somewhere you were married for nearly 40 years, or was I dreaming it? Because it's hard to believe, seeing your pic!!!<P>It's nice to know what we look like though, isn't it?<P>Stuart is an absolute dish, for example...(see 'cool' thread). Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:56 am 

No, Red Shoes, you are not dreaming - last June 2nd we celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary. And, the picture I sent you is very recent - well now that I think about it - one year old. <P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:57 am 

Of course Stuart is a dish -all the men on this site are dishes and hunks - we only allow the best here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 6:42 am 

Update on my cat - the little black kitten in the pic.<BR>While I was away in the UK she fell off the balcony rail and somehow landed on the balcony below, hitting herself on a cement plant holder.<P>She broke her femur badly in two places, my husband had to risk life and limb on a long ladder to recover her (the owner of the flat below is hardly ever there), and she had an operation. She now has a shaved rear end, metal pins and rings inserted, and limps, but is OK, and healing. She loves her antibiotics (!) and vitamin gunge (!) and we hope she has learned her lesson about running along balcony rails...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next