public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mick Jagger Dances at Juilliard
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:19 pm 

...because it must be reported. Dancing on the Juilliard School promenade at Lincoln Center on Tuesday with the Rolling Stones -- all I can say is that he's still got it and he can still do it. It was an awesome performance. We should all move so well in our 60's. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:56 am 

LOL, Poohtunia! Mick still has it, doesn't he? BTW, did you see any groupies on the promenade? Oh, wait, you were one of them?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:03 pm 

There were lots of groupies there, including that diva "Start Me Up Pat". I saw someone wearing a tee-shirt that said Rolling Stones North American Tour 1965 or '6somethingorother'. The gig wasn't advertised, but word spread quickly around the Lincoln Center campus as soon as the famous red tongue banner was unfurled down the front of Juilliard. A few thousand people showed up for 3 songs. My life is complete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:09 am 

What a treat!

I was at the Stones in the Park concert in the 60's along with most of the population of the UK. The daughter of a friend of mine went to one of their concerts a few years ago and told her Mum: "There were two groups there - people your age and mine.

I've never met the Stones, but from time to time I meet Torje Eike, Mick's personal trainer, who is the partner of a UK dancer and a very nice chap.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:17 am 

In 1967 or '68, I was taking ballet classes with an unorthodox teacher named Penelope Lagios, in San Francisco. She didn't have an accompanist, and she used an eclectic collection of records for the class. In the first class I took with her, we did the adagio to the Stones' "Back Street Girl," from the "Flowers" album. (Not as exciting as seeing them live, I know, but it did make the adagio more enjoyable than usual for me.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:01 am 

From memory, "Back Street Girl" is in waltz time - is that right djb?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:37 pm 

You're right, Stuart. It was an adagio mouvant (I just made that up), rather jazzy in feeling.

Back Street Girl

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]