CriticalDance Forum

It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: How are you spending your Christmas?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:44 am 

I plan to watch It's a Wonderful Life, starring (sigh) Donna Reed and some guy who isn't I.

Post subject: Re: How are you spending your Christmas?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:24 am 

Rest, workout, eat, rest, catch up on Star Wars, MIB, and Lord of the Rings, eat, sleep. And, oh, attempt to squeeze in re-readings of "Wuthering Heights" and "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:17 pm 

Well, since we're in the midst of a nor'easter, we've postponed Christmas till the weekend so our families don't have to drive 2 hours in the driving snow and ice.

We'll also watch It's a Wonderful Life, exchange one gift apiece to make it feel like Christmas, and hopefully go build a Santa snowman.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:12 pm 

Early morning Christmas walk with my father, reading, a brutal chess game with my brother, watching children open presents, and a glass of Merlot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:51 pm 

The usual: eating too much and too often, fighting my son for access to the computer, receiving naff gifts from in-laws, watching BIG for the nth time, and seeing the tail end of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE yet again: have never once seen it from start to finish.

Oh, and singing assorted Christmas songs during a two hour drive from Naples to Rome late on Christmas Eve... :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 9:29 pm 

I spent it showing my mother how to use her new DVD player, and checking out all the extras on the Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD - watching the movie in French with Spanish subtitles, a couple of scenes in Japanese (the Knights Who Say "Ni" ask for a bonsai, not a shrubbery), a singalong with "Brave Sir Robin," the documentary short How to Use Your Coconuts, etc.

<small>[ 26 December 2002, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: djb ]</small>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:04 pm 
Spent the day with my family up north. Best Christmas ever. Never drew a sober breath. Laughed 'til I thought I would disintegrate. Now I have to start getting in training for next year...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:07 am 

spent the day with mum , ate too much , had some wine..watched "The Mummy" ( excellent film ) , "Mary Poppins" , and of course Swan Lake by the Swedish Royal Ballet.Would have prefered Nutcracker!!
Still mounds and mounds of chocolate to get through , think i have enough to last until next christmas!!
BTW those in the States with snow , could you send some over to the UK please..need snow!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:15 pm 

Ahhh... I still have Christmas presents in my living room that haven't made it to their future owners. My family and friends tend to do the protracted Christmas celebration over several weekends. I guess it's because we all live so far away from each other. Gift buying for me started prior to Thanksgiving with presents for relatives in Singapore. Then I made my way westward on the globe...

<small>[ 27 December 2002, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Azlan ]</small>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:19 pm 

I spent Christmas Eve visiting my wife in the hosptial in New York. That evening I drove 2 hours to my parents' house. I had a bit of time with my family on Christmas morning spent the rest of the day driving through torrential rains to get to Boston. I saw my brother and his new baby near Boston for a while as well (baby was born in November and lives only 20 miles away, but this was my first chance).

At least it was rain now snow; I took the long way to Boston along the coast to avoid the snow inland. And at least I made it back in time for the Thursday Nutcracker. It would have been so embarassing had one of the Snow Princes been missing because he got caught in the snow!

I think that the relaxed "classic" Christmas is something you give up as a ballet dancer.

<small>[ 27 December 2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: citibob ]</small>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:26 pm 

We spent a very merry day filled with the warmth of the fireplace, watching the snow fall, the deer burrowing their noses to find the cracked corn I left for them, lots of good home made food, the family together around the tree.... except for our PNB soloist son!! We'll just have to do a do over when he comes home in January!!And I'll see if I can send some of that snow to those who requested it !! :p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:19 pm 

OOOPs, how I "spent" Christmas. Rode the St. Charles streetcar in New Orleans with hubby, got off and walked back the way we came, looking at antebellum houses in Garden District, walked through Audobon park, had etoufee (spelling), salad and white wine for din-din. Walked through the French Quarter at night to look at the lights and decorations. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]