public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Online Splits Class!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:40 pm 

Hi!

Registration forms are now being accepted for the Online Splits Class! Classes will be starting in early January 2007 and will be focusing on correct stretching techniques used in learning all 4 splits and oversplits. Classes are free, and there is a very high success rate!

Warm regards,
Mike
The Online Splits Class

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:14 am 

Hello, michael_aus, and welcome to CriticalDance. I'm not a big fan or an advocate for any online training for dancers or gymnasts. It's one thing for a dancer/student to read on their own about stretching and perhaps give it a try after discussing it with their teacher ...it's another thing for someone to offer personal online advice to individuals whom they have never seen. Wouldn't it be better for a teacher to work directly with a student individually or during a class in a studio setting?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:48 pm 

I am also curious how you handle a injury in your online class? Can you elaborate on your insurance plan?

In MHO this in not a good idea at all, but please tell us why we should go to your site and pay to take a class.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The Online Splits Class
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:35 pm 

Dear Gina,

I apologise for being away and not answering your question earlier. I understand that online training isn't for everyone, and if the option allows individual or class training, this is a more preferred option. Our free online classes help students to understand the theory of how important warming up is, all the different types of stretching, and in the development of a stretching routine. With any knowledge gained, it is always advised to refer back to the teacher and make corrections. Christie and I do take one on one classes and these are recommended because work can be done directly with the student (and any misalignment can be corrected instantly). The classes are very well priced (even better in the holidays!)

Warm regards,
Mike

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]