public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: no strength!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:52 am 

Hi everyone!
People are always so helpful on here so maybe you can help me?! How can I increase my overall strength in my legs? I often find it hard to do developpes and ronde jambes (sorry about the poor spelling!) because I haven't got the strength in my legs to hold them up! :oops: Has anyone got any advice? Oh, and I'm taking my intermediate foundation exam on 28/10/05 so has anyone got and pre-exam nerve tips? thanks v.much!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:06 pm 

I think general strength training helps a lot for dance. As for the legs, I particularly like squats because they're so easy to do. You just act like you're sitting in a chair... but make sure that you're knees don't go past your toe line. I'm sure lunges would be good as well.

Hope this helps a little :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:16 am 

For movements like developpes and rond de jambe en l'air it is not just about your leg strength but abdominal strength too so check with your teacher that you are using your abs correctly.

For your exam - the best preparation is to be really happy and confident of all your work. Try and view it like a normal class and your examiner as a normal person. Examiners want you to do well but remember they are only seeing you for that one time so give all you have to give. They are not expecting perfection but want to see the best you can do.

Good luck.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]