public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HYPERACTIVITY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:01 pm 

HI THERE! To all you wonderful teachers out there. Just a quick question. Do you believe that children that play in the wind before class, present to class in hyperactive mode? Please let me know what you do when the entire class is in hyperactive mood! would love to hear your idea's on what type of class you would give. For example: would you take the extra energy on board and give a high energy class or would you try to give a more calming style of class? (Parents in particular probably would love this too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:05 pm 

Spangles - yes I have noticed this and so have a lot of colleagues/friends I have that work with children.

I think as far as a class plan is concerned it depends on how hyperactive they have become. If they just seem to have loads of energy but still have some focus during the warm-up then I would try and channel that energy by doing a fast paced class - both for the brain but also for the body.

If the focus wasn't there during the warm up, then I would probably try and calm the class down by doing some floor exercises and breathing. Then maybe get them to view each other in groups and get them to point out 3 positive things that each group is doing in their performance to try and focus their minds back on dance, before continuning with the rest of the class.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]