public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: siba
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:02 am 

Hi all, I just gt bck from a 4 week summer intensive at SIBA (Salzburg international ballet academy). Just thought I gotta recommend it to you all as it was such a brilliant time. 4 weeks spent training with ballet master yehuda maor, rehearsals ready for the gala performance choreographed by peter breuer, and several special classes with guest teachers both from the company and from other places, we even got a visit from maya plisetskaya (I hope that’s the right spelling), she didn’t actually teach but she went round the class giving a few corrections. Heres a few links for more info on the course:

www.mptdance.com (mpt = maor placement technique, it’s a really good technique that yehuda invented himself to get all your body in line, improved posture, balance etc. theres also a conditioning class based on itm lots of fun)
www.siba-austria.com
www.dancerstage.com (this is yehudas school in Amsterdam, its not directly linked to SIBA but a few of the people – including myself – were offered a place at the school as a direct result of the 4 week course)

if you’re interested in the summer intensive for next year, then please email me at spud141_at_ossy@hotmail.com … I have an extra bit of info that you may find handy when emailing siba

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:35 am 

Hello, bubbles, and welcome! I studied with Yehuda Maor in the early 80s when he was director of Dancers Stage in San Francisco. He is an excellent teacher and I have great respect for him. In fact, I loved his classes! I sometimes went over to take class from Yehuda instead of my company class at SFB. Yehuda always "got me over my legs", so to speak...I'm glad that you enjoyed the program at SIBA. Thank you for sharing with us.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:23 am 

thnx gina, ill hopefully be startin at dancerstage Amsterdam after 1 year at the northern ballet in manchester (i'd go now but iv already paid my tuition fees and accomodation for the next year in manchester)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:28 am 

hey Gina, i've passed your message onto yehuda through SIBA ill let you know what he says :D write back and let me know wht your doing now, im sure it will interest yehuda to know what you've gone on to do :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:15 pm 

Greetings

I deleted your extra posts. We all get fumble-fingered once in a while! As a reminder, we ask that you avoid using internet-speak & abbreviations like thnx etc. It makes it easier for us all to read - especially for our posters who aren't native english speakers - if you use correct spellings.

Cheers
Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:50 pm 

Hi bubbles...I sent you a pm. Good luck with your dancing!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:20 pm 

whoops sorry ksneds, ill remember that in the future. i received your pm gina, thanks very much, ill pass your regards on to yehuda.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]