|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||spangles [ Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:25 am ]|
wHAT IS THE COMMON FAULT FOUND IN RISES? in particular young beginner students?
I am thinking:
1. rolling of the ankles
2. rising too high onto demi-pointe
3. once on the rise say in first position, ankle rotating inward/outwards
4. knees bending
5. hips being displaced and twisted
6. leaning too far back/forward - weight not centred
7. back becoming swayed
8. pushing down on the barre
9. tension in the neck, shoulders, arms
10. losing poise of the head
I think I may be on the right track here. Please let me know, I would, as always love to hear from you all.
|Author:||spangles [ Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:44 am ]|
I think also once should look for incorrect posture, incorrect alignment, incorrect use of turnout and also incorrect breathing techniques.
please feel free to comment. I am just hoping that I am on the right track.
oops. just need to add a ps. and also the heels must come down softly. too often we hear young beginner students coming out of a rise with a thud.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group