public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Absolute Beginners BALLET help!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:14 am 

Hey all, i'm 17 now!! learning to drive, loving it all and as usual loving the performing training i am being given etc! Your site is great and i'm reccommending it all to my fellow performing friends for help also!
Ok, to the point of the subject!
I am looking for Private Tution or maybe Public classes for Ballet. I did Ballet alongside other styles of dance when i was at the tender age of 4. However i stopped within a year. I would LOVE to go back to it once again and know i am NEVER too old to start again....! :D ANY information would be GREAT! I live in Essex, London area, Anyone who has private teachers or know anyone who'd be interested in taking me on that'd be great thanks! Speak soon all, It's Official..xx

Post subject: Re: Absolute Beginners BALLET help!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:25 am 

Welcome to CriticalDance, It's, if I may call you by your first name. Glad you like the site and, yes, please do tell lots of people about us.

Hope you get a response to your question. perhaps this organisation could advise you:

Essex Dance

They are in Chelmsford, but might have some ideas for places closer to London.

<small>[ 14 September 2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Absolute Beginners BALLET help!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:14 am 

Let me know exactly where you are in Essex, I know the area and could advise you if you're around Guildford...

I would say go for a beginner's class (let the teacher know if you are... that will helps placing you in the right class for you).
There is no real advantage at this stage to go to a private class, because this is more to 'remedy' a problem that is there or work on something specific, but because you are starting, I would really emphasise the importance of going to a class with others. I know it's daunting at first, but it's truly the best way to learn from everyone's mistakes. I'm sure you won't be the only beginner there, and you can then make friends who are also 'in your shoes'...

Be bold, make that call. ;) (You may want to take a 'test' class.. Normally, the first trial class is free, so you wouldn't have a problem checking various schools and teachers' personalities to fit your needs best).

At your age, you may not be able to access adults beginners classes yet, but maybe a teenagers beg. class could suit you... Speak with teachers, they'll know best! :p

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]