public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Advice please about my next move!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:40 am 

Hey....
I live in the UK, in the Midlands (Leicestershire, Warwickshire)
Like u all probably know (iv asked for your help many times b4) I want to make it as a professional dancer !
I'm 15 and am doing ballet & tap beginner with an extra private lesson of ballet to catch up a bit, along with experience in street dance etc.

Next summer, I will be doing my GCSE's and then I have the choice of whether to stay on and do my A-Levels where I could do A level Dance or to try and find a dance college..which is the better option?
Will they take my age ?

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know any college's around the leicestershire area or a college in England that they could recommend?
I really need some help

Thanks x

Post subject: Re: Advice please about my next move!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:31 am 

Firstly I would have a word with your teacher at the moment. As they can see your ability and progress at the moment they are probably best to advise whether you are ready to audition for courses or whether you would be better waiting the extra two years to get more experience under your belt.

Doing A Levels would be no bad thing anyway - it will certainly give you more options at 18 and should give you the freedom to explore lots of extra curricular dance as well. Look at sixth forms that do a lot of performing arts so that you benefit from your course as much as possible if this is the route you decide to go down.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]