public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tours
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:19 am 

Hello all, just asking a quick question that I'm sure has been asked a million times before.
I'm having a really hard time doing more than a single tour, so I've been doing everything like tons and tons of changments and 2ble pirouettes from 5th. So come on I know that theres some major secret that I dont know besides just doing them and doing them....
thanks guys
~K~

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Tours
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:15 pm 

I'm also having this problem. I think the biggest problem for me is landing the jump, rather than getting around. As in, I can turn two times in the air, but then when I get back on the ground, I can't stop turning. I don't know whether this helps or not, but I thought I'd add my two cents…

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:13 pm 

thanks for the 2 cents MAC

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:32 pm 

Hi Kyle, turns were always one of my favorite challenges Rhythm is key. Have a definate spot. Keep count of your revolutions. Arms play a huge part in getting around as well. Send that first arm and bring in the second as you take off. Arms, head and rhythm, all together.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:46 pm 

You are exactly right with the tour and its landing, You are scared to land it. I was pretty good at tours, until I went to a very "russian" company and then I became great at tours. When the muscles around my knees got stronger and my feet and ankles got stronger too it all just came together. It got to where I could do triple tours, fifth to fifth, land in any position, and all that stuff. So the key is to get those thighs stong and feet tough. Slow,slow jumps will do that. Dont get me wrong I dont know your body type but you sound like a taller guy. I am 6'2" inches and when I was in shape 160 pounds. So even us tall guys can do stuff. If you are on the shorter end of the spectrum, you need to strenthen you legs and work on your center alot more. Its all in the stomach and back.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:24 am 

Thanks for the input guys. I'm only about 5'8'' so jumps should be the easiest thing in the world right? well they are but I'm just not a turner on land or in the air. I'll just keep working on em and wait for the day that it just all comes together, but the sooner the better :)
~K~

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]