public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Big Wide Feet!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:04 pm 

I am about to begin pointe work and my teacher recommends only the local dance shop, but quite frankly I find them rude and unco-operative and wish to go elsewhere. I also don't like the selection of shoes as I am told Capezios are narrower than Blochs, which I currently wear in a soft slipper and couldn't manage this width en pointe.

Since I am going to travel to buy shoes I will check the stock where I am heading, so which brand does anyone find does a wide shoe?

Thx

Post subject: Re: Big Wide Feet!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:19 pm 

Freed Classic do have a relatively wide box as well as Block Triomph (which is only available at Dancia International). You also have to consider if you have a square, a tapered or a somewhat tapered foot. Have a look at http://www.the-perfect-pointe.com/PSIE.html This is really a useful site. Anyway, you should consult a professional fitter in a shop - call them and ask when it would be a good time to come in for a fitting session. Nothing more disturbing that a busy shop while one is trying to find the right pointes. :p

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]